Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from Ohio

JesseJo8879JJesseJo8879 Posts: 1
edited 05/18/2015 - 5:04 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everybody. My name is Jess and I am a 26 year old woman who has had scoliosis since the teenage years and sciatica and lower back pain since 2010. Most of my adult life the pain has been pretty terrible but I have learned to manage and most of the time tried to block it out. I worked for a while. I found out I had two slipped discs- both herniated and bulging in 2013. I completed a round of cortisol injections but that didn't provide long term relief. I fell upon financial hardships and was only able to afford to see a family doctor so i didn't really get much help other than getting occasional steroids and muscle relaxers from the doc. Luckily this year I was able to get full benefits from my job and have been receiving the medical help I need. I tried to block out the pain most of the time. However this week it got too real. I called my doctor because I could barely walk and breathe. She told me to go to the er. There I found out that I have lumbar spinal stenosis, slipped discs- herniated and bulging in L4 and L5, myelopathy and degeneration in the spine as well as severe chronic pain in the legs and lower back. Also the pain is in my neck too, and my arms. I have not gone into work as I am a cook and am on my feet 7-8 or more hours a day. I was referred to a neurosurgeon that I must contact Monday. It seems that surgery is a likely possibility. Like I said, I have a high pain tolerance and I am on heavy medications now. Percocet and noriflex and those make me dazed out. So I really am afraid of hurting myself further and not knowing it. Any advice? Any activities besides the obvious that I should avoid? I have been laying in this position that I was shown to lay in and only walk minimally until I see the surgeon. This is unreal to me. But at least I know why the pain is so bad. And the medication allows for some relief. I would appreciate any advice - tips or pointers or personal stories. Thank you all!!
Jesse Jo

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Since Monday has come and gone, hopefully you have received info from doctor.

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing and what advice doctor has given you.

You are not alone.
    Best wishes to you!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History