Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

jeauxbertjjeauxbert Posts: 953
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
Has anyone seen/heard from Amy? Just curious.

• she is on another site! if you are interested in where, let me know! Jenny :)
  • Hi Jeauxbert. Thanks for asking about me.... that means alot. I have been flying below the radar so to speak for awhile now.... trying to work thru some personal "stuff". There is a lot of good going on in my life, but I am still struggling with some of the old stuff. I am on the verge of asking Mike to marry me..... I got him to let me measure his ring finger last week so he knows something is up. My father has had his own business for over 30 years and has made friends all over the place. He has a friend from High school that owns 2 jewelry stores nearby..... he is ordering the ring I want for Mikey.... 7mm comfort fit band in white gold, with 1 Karat of diamonds channel set in the band. It is simply beautiful and I cannot wait to see it done. Mike is gonna poop. We are incredibly happy so for that I couldn't be more greatful. I see a Vegas wedding in the not to distant future, but also not next week or anything.

I'm sorry if folks feel like I fell off the edge of the earth, because I haven't. I look in from time to time. I have also been looking into another pain site that is up and coming and am quite impressed with what they have going on over there. But, I miss my family here very, very much.

SOOOOOO, UNLIKE what lulusheart thinks I have NOT left SH and never will!!!!! I have just been taking things one step at a time and work on being the best me I can be.... I am no good to anyone if I cannot practice what I preach, you know?

Good bless and huge hugs to all, and I have missed you all very much.

All of my love,

Amy :)
  • It is good to know that you are still part of this family. It sounds like you are getting your life together in really good ways. Congratulations. This is a big step for you and I pray that everything goes just as you have planned. A Vegas wedding sounds like fun.

Good to hear from you. Come back when you can.

Take care,
  • Judy,

Yeah, I'm still around.... kinda like a bad penny.... or herpes....the gift that keeps on givin! LOL. Thanks for the congrats. Mike and I are so very much in love and I couldn't be happier in that department. But, have been struggling with some sinus issues that are causing me bad ear aches, a stuffy head, head aches.... yadda yadda yadda. The Cottonwood trees are in full bloom so there is cotton in the air EVERYWHERE!! Once this time of year passes it will get better.

My pain is almost completely undercontrol and for that I am a greatful woman. But now am dealing with some stomach issues and I am wondering if it's not medications or something. I have had the WORST heartburn in my life over the past couple of weeks, I mean the kind that wakes you up from sleep in the middle of the night.... and it feels like hot lava at the back of my throat. TUMS are my best friend right now. I think I am going to try Prilosec or some other PPI (Proton pump inhibitor) and see if that helps. Sure could hurt!! I feel like Puff the Magic Dragon right about now!!!

Thanks for checking on me dear friend. How could I ever leave you all for good???? I have just been trying to stand on my own 2 feet and am doing well. I hope you are doing ok, too. I have thought of you often.

Hugs to you,

Amy (~the Buns~) ;)
  • My insurance won't pay for proton inhibitors, so my doctor recommended that I take Pepcid AC (2 tabs, 2x daily). He says this is the same dose as the prescription drugs and it does help me.

I know about the cottonwood assult. It looked like it was snowing here yesterday morning. I will be so glad when this part of the season is over.

You take care of yourself.
  • Sounds like a plan! Nice to see you around again - I've missed you!!

• Miss Tracy!! I was just thinking about you the other day and POOF here you are!! I have missed you very much as well. You and "C" were the 2 that first opened their arms to me when I first stumbled across SH almost a year ago. We used to talk SO much more often.... I'd like to get back to being more intouch again, ok!!?? Have you talked to "C" lately??? How is she doing?

Anyway, the jeweler called me yesterday and has gotten some rings in and loose stones for me to come in and look at before we order Mike's ring. His ring size is 13.25 so it has to be custome made. It won't take but a week or 2 to get his ring in once I choose what I want and I am so nervous/excited. Damn I love that man and I know he loves me very much, too. It seems like a natural progression of our relationship. We'll see, eh?

Hope you and your hubby and sons are doing well and I couldn't be happier to see your post this morning. I look forward to hearing from you again when you can. I hope you are in minimal pain...Me? I'm doing pretty ok in that department all things considered!! (Knock on wood)

Much love to you,

Amy :)
  • Amy:

What size shoe does Mike wear? Usually (except in extraordinary circumstances) a man's (or woman's) shoe size and ring finger size are the same.

Cool, huh?
  • Hi there girl! It sure was nice of you to ask about me.... it was a nice surprise when I finally checked in again.

You know, I had heard something like that but I wasn't sure if it was a wive's tale or not. Here's the thing, he wears a 11 1/2 wide.... so the "wide" threw me for a loop. He is a big guy... stocky and stands 6'3"... A big teddy bear! We measured his finger 3 times and each time it was between a 13 and a 13 1/4 so I am gonna go with it.

Thanks for the info chica, and I hope you are doing well. Great smile in your pic!! :)

Amy (~The Buns~)
  • Hiya ladys! glad to see you'all doin fine! I am happy for both of yall being happy and healthy!!!
    Good things come to some great people! I hope yall dance and jump and run like no tommorrow!
    Amy congrachies!on the upcoming happy times
    Jeaubert I hope all the good things come to you and yours!
    Love ya ladies!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• HEYA RANCH! How's it going? :D

Amy - like I said 'extraordinary circumstances'. Your hubs sure is extra-extraordinary! ;) Amy, I sent you a follow up PM....

• Anything you guys work out together will definitely be OK. I still think the Vegas wedding thing would be a great time and cheaper because the wedding and honeymoon can all be done in one location.

I know a little bit about the "Big Teddy Bear" thing. My late husband was a big guy and I loved to cuddle up next to him and have his arms wrap around me. I felt so safe as I am sure you do with Mike. The trucker friends we have gave me a huge "Teddy Bear" dressed just like my husband so I still have a teddy bear to love. Aren't friends the greatest.

You take care and have fun planning your future together.

• doin fine goin to school and trying to learn to be a parlegal,25 years of workin outside is over,i get to work in air condition for the next 25,then after that?? another career!hope your doing fine and all,happy day to ya!
    Amy, ime glad for ya! wish many happy decades for you and your hubby to be!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• Hi Amy,

I'm still here. Always watchful.

• Hey honey,

Not spoken to you for a while - hope you're ok?
  • :) bongobuns, it is so nice to have you back! welcome to the new SH. Jenny :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    Hi Amy, so glad to see you posting again. I missed not seeing your post or messages.
    And I like the recent news you have been posting
    Take care
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I thought you were going somewhere else with the shoe size... :jawdrop:
  • Amy,

Any new news from your neck of the world?

• Hi all. It is so nice when I see messages from old friends asking about me. Even tho I'm not here that much I think of all of you daily.

Things here are going pretty well, over all. Today I am sore as hell. I just got done going to OK to pick up my daughter from my Aunt and Uncles house. She has been there on vacation for the past week. I got up this morning and hit the road by 830am. It is 6 hours round trip and we got home about an hour ago. Man oh man is my back playing grand symphony right now. Ugh. I made the same trip to take her down there one week ago today. I think that's enough traveling for me for a long while, thank you!!

Mike and I are talking engagement these days and it's exciting. I will post more on this as it progresses! :)

I went and enrolled my kids this week..... and went home and had a little cry. This year will be the 1st year that my 6 year old isn't home with me as he is in the 1st grade and will be at school all day. Since going on disability 4 years ago he has been my constant companion.... my little buddy. He LOVES to help with laundry, washing dishes, cleaning the house, baking and cooking with me. I'm gonna miss my little guy!! BUT, I did sign up to volunteer at his school... doing stuff I like such as decorating for holidays and helping with his class room. I think it will be pretty cool. Mike says that I will probably find that I fill my new found alone time with doing things for myself more. I am bad about putting myself WAY back on the back burner. I am also signing up for a Silver smithing class at the Wichita Center for the Arts and plan on making jewelry again. I'm excited about these things, but it will be a major adjustment being alone all day. SIGH!!!!

My mom is due for surgery on her knee on August 15th so i plan on helping her out after she gets home. She has a partially torn meniscus in her left knee and it has been just killing her. My mother is SO healthy that it is weird to think of her going under the knife. I know of her surgeon and he is a good one so I know she is in good hands.

Well, I guess that's the long and short of it as of now. I promise to check in more frequently. I have been keeping up somewhat with everyone's posts and I hope all is well with everyone in my Spiney Family. I have missed you all and think of you alot.

Big huge hugs from me to all of you!

Peace and love,

Amy (~The Buns~) }:)
  • Hi,nice to see your still around, i hope your mom has good luck with her knee surgury,you take care....
  • He there. Thanks. I hope things are going well for you. I know you had been having issues with your Heart Rate being elevated and I hope that has resolved. Good to hear from you!

• :) how nice to see you back posting. everyone just missses you! your latest adventures are always so interesting. enjoy the forum! Jenny :)
  • Hey Amy,

Lovely to read a post from you :) I hope your Mum's surgery goes well. I think it's a great idea to help out at school, and the rest of the time you will definitely manage to fill your time, even if you do miss the little guy. It's scary how quick they all grow up :O

You keep staying positive and let us know as soon as there is any news on the engagement front.... this is very exciting news! Big hugs sweetie, Spicey
  • Sweet Mary. I have been following some of your threads lately and I sure hope that you are sailing on much calmer waters and starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. You have been forced into making so many difficult adjustments in your life and I know it has been very upsetting, and rightly so. I wish I could give you a great big hug, my open ears and heart, and just be right there for you. You are such a dear person and my life is definately that much brighter ever since I first called you friend.

You just keep that pretty chin of yours up and keep on keepin on sister! I'm really proud of how you have been handling the onslaught of punches thrown your way. Hear you roar! ;)

Big huge hugs heading your way.

Always your friend,

• Who does tha tattoo belong to Amy?
  • Hey Cory. She is on my left arm and she is one of my favorites. I will upload a picture of the art on my right arm here soon.

Hugs hun,

Amy 8)
  • :) Bongobuns, how interesting to have a tattoo on each arm. you must of been so brave! i have a little rabbit on my shoulder. it is very old and faded now though. what other secrets do you have hidden on yourself? you are such a character! you give us all something to talk about! marriage, tattoos, what's next? Jenny :)
  • I am a tough cookie so I'll be fine, as always :) Thank you for your kind words, I feel privileged to have met you too honey >:D<
  • Well, sort of...I have 5 of the lil buggers lol

Best Wishes,
    CHristina :)