Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

reddragun61rreddragun61 Posts: 27
edited 06/03/2015 - 7:55 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had a 5 level (C3-C7) posterior cervical decompression and fusion surgery 3-3-15. I have 2-5 inch ( I think) could be 6 inch rods and 10 screws in my neck. On 4/23/15 Dr. released me to go back to work, but he put me on a lot of restrictions. I stock overnight at a superstore. I am still having a lot of pain and muscle spasms in my upper back and shoulders. When I first went to him, he told me and my husband, I would no longer be able to do my job, and I would have to find something easier. I have been receiving Short Term Disability benefits thru my work. Actually it's a 3rd party company that handles LOA and Disability. My boss would not let me return to work due to the restrictions . They won't let anybody work with restrictions which are : No lifting over my head, no lifting over 15 lbs., no pushing or pulling, no climbing, and no lifting my hands past my shoulders. He also said for me to only work 4 hrs. a day for the first 4 weeks. He put no time frame on the restrictions, just the amount of hours. Anyway she told me to continue to stay out until I see my Dr. again. Because of the 4 week thing, my Disability has been terminated, because in their eyes I am ready to go back to work and do the job I did before surgery. In my DR's notes he had written for me to be on restrictions for 4 weeks then resume full work duty, but he told me I can't do that anymore. I am confused. I was just wondering if I should tough it and go back to work with no restrictions or seek advice from an attorney. My job consists of pulling pallets of heavy freight and lifting heavy items like baby beds and rocking chairs and cases of formula. Climbing ladders to stock top shelves. I was told to go by what the Dr. told me verbally and not to do something that would jeopardize my condition and undo what was done to my neck. I do need the income, STDisability was not much, but it was better than nothing at all, which is what I am getting now ( nothing) Any other suggestions?
Thank you

• Since your doctor said that you wouldn't be able to do your previous duties ( and I believe him!), could you have your doctor send a letter explaining the issue to the disability insurance? I don't know that it would help any but you are definitely going to have to look for a new job. You really need to listen to your doctor on this one. Jobs are temporary, your health could be permanent. I know its not easy because the job market isn't great but there has to be something you can do out there. Was there an injury that caused this at your work? If so, did you fill out an accident report? You may want to study the company handbook and find out what your rights are now. If they violating your rights beyond the company standards, you could have a case but it may be a long expensive battle.
    Tracie C
  • are you on line right now?

This can't be happening
  • I am experienced in this and can help you I hope PM what state do you live in see to third party companies pain is subjective I do not believe you should be back yet are you a full time employee at your company like a "key employee"
    Look at the americans with disabilities act as well
    This can't be happening
  • I have info for you as well
    This can't be happening