Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No significant nerve impingement- why leg pain?

So I had an MRI and I have bulging disc in the L4-S1 L4-L5 area. But they said there was no significant nerve impingement. So why am I getting major leg pain in mostly my right leg (but a bit in my left too)? It feels like burning thru my thigh and my calf. And my calf muscle gets really tight. I also get major twitches (mostly in my legs but not limited to there - but mostly right leg) and some bUzzing feeling in my feet (both feet) as well as a weird buzzing type sensation in my middle toes on both feet. I had read somewhere that it could be inflammation from the disc to the nerves but im just wondering if anyone had this same issue and if so, for how long? I have been doing spinal traction for over a month (twice a week) now. I'm not sure if it's helping or not. I'm gonna try working out (treadmill or bike) and doing yoga to help I guess and hope for the best. I'm feeling pretty desperate though.
Severe neck pain,piercing leg pain-both legs,muscle twitches-both legs,bum ache,hips and knees feel bruised,burning pain in right arm & piercing pain from shoulder to fingers,numb patches in middle of back,mild lower back pain

• A bulging disc, by itself would not cause material from the inner disc to leak on the nerves.
    It may be positional ,meaning that in certain positions the symptoms appear and in others it relieves or reduces the symptoms.
    Standing, sitting, walking and even laying down result in the disc compression to shift, depending on the activity. Pay attention to when the symptoms increase and decrease and what you are doing when the symptoms change.