Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Time of the month during injection

I will be getting my epidural injection in little over a week, and according to my birth control, I will be ovulating. Will this interfere with my procedure at all? Does anyone have any experience with this? Will the pain be increased? Thank you for your time.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Being aware of your ovulation, are you planning to become pregnant?

If you are, please notify doctor so he has all information in order to treat you accordingly.
    Let doctor or his nurse know your concern that you will be ovulating, and doctor can best assess, guide and or reassure you.
    You have time before your scheduled injection.

Sounds like this is your first epidural?
    Everyone is different re any pain they do or do not feel.

I've had several. The injections for my thoracic area were not effective. They did cause me discomfort while on the table, but not enough where I needed to stop the procedure.
    From what I've researched, it's not common to have that discomfort, but...

For the injections lumbar area to relieve leg to foot pains..they were effective and I did not have any pain or discomfort during the procedure.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hello thank you for the reply. No I'm not planning on becoming pregnant just on birth control right now and was wondering if it would conflict with it or anything. It is my first time getting an epidural, I will be getting a caudal injection in about a week and a half. I understand that it my affect my cycle after the injection so I should prepare for that.