Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Warm Showers

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Chronic Pain
I have noticed that my back really doesn't start acting out untill I have had my shower. :? It feels good standing under the shower but after getting out of the shower in about 5 minutes my back starts hurting.

Anyone else have this happen? It's almost like the warm water gets my blood flowing and then the pain comes.

I did notice it last winter so I started taking shower's every other day and I think my pain wasn't quite as bad.

Grabbing at straws again.

• Just a guess but could it be that this happens when your muscles relax?
  • Hmmmm. You would think that my muscles relaxing would be a good thing. Maybe after the muscle's relaxing and then getting out of the shower the tense up even more.

I just don't get any of it. I can go for a few days that are pretty bearable then for no reason at all seems like my back just gives me a fit, like the past two days have been.

My husband is really getting tired of it. I know he knows it not my fault but sometimes I get the feeling that he is blaming me. Like I don't feel enough guilt as it is.
  • I have also found that being in a nice hot shower and then getting out, does tighten those muscles right back up where they were. I do not know about you to, but I take very hot showers and baths. As soon as the water starts to cool a bit, I am running more all hot water. And, it feels so good.
    I hope that you are able to find a way to keep your muscles relaxed so that you aren't in so much pain. Maybe a cooler shower?...
    Take Care and hope to hear more from you!!!!
  • I think while in the showerimage your muscles relax and let loose and when you get out they constrict again and feel tight, just a guess but i hope it gets better!
  • :) it is such a relief to get in a hot shower, direct the nozzle right on the knots in my back and get relief for awhile. after i am out for 10 or 15 minutes, the warmth wears off, the knots come back and the pain begins all over again! i even put a robe i have warmed in the dryer on. this keeps it warm a little bit longer. Jenny :)
This discussion has been closed.