Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New Member from Australia!

scabralsscabral Posts: 5
edited 07/01/2015 - 11:51 PM in New Member Introductions
Dear Members,

I'm a 39 year old male that has been diagnosed with DDD at the L5/S1 level along with a 3mm disc bulge with an annular tear. I was hoping to get some support and advice from this forum. I have suffered from lower back pain for close to six years now. I loved living an active lifestyle and being fit. Over the years this has reduced to the point where I am not able to do any of the things that I enjoyed and it has lead to depression, which I am sure a lot of people out there can appreciate.

I tried conservative treatments over the years and none of it has made a difference. It has helped with the pain sometimes, however only temporarily. I'm looking for a more permanent solution rather than just pain management so that I can return to the life I used to have.

I live in the US part time and there they were a little to eager to fuse my spine. I decided to come home to Australia for another perspective. The approach here is against surgery, but doesn't really offer any comparable solutions. I've been told from a neurosurgeon here that apart from pain management that there isn't much I can do and that I have to accept I cannot return to my previous life of being fit and active. At 39 years of age that it a very daunting prospect.

I've been in talks with doctors about ADR in Germany and was wondering what other people's experiences were. I am getting to the point where I have had to stop work and life is looking rather bleak. I've been unemployed now for almost a year.

If anyone out there can offer any advice or support... it would truly be a godsend.

Also, I just discovered RegenaDisc... Does anyone out there have any experience with this?? Or other stem cell treatments?

Thank you.

To keep all responses together I have closed this introduction and posting a link to member's thread already responded to

Liz ....Spine-health moderator