Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

8monts post op back stiffness

I am eight months post op. I had L3-L4, PLIF.
wondering if anyone about same time period, 8 months post op, still feel stiff in the back area around L3-L4?
two months ago, PT said scar tissues, so wondering if the scar tissues will ever go away and what more can I do?

• ADRJenAADRJen Posts: 211
    edited 07/03/2015 - 2:25 AM
    I was fused L2,3,4 and am stil stiff and probably always will be. My surgery was Sept 2013. I feel like I should be able to stretch it out but it doesn't work.
    Artificial disc at L5S1 for 10 years. Had 3 Level lumbar fusion and Laminectomy on Sept 27, 2013. It was an OLIF (Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion) with cages, BMP, rods & screws. Norco, Plaquenil
  • LoanstarLLoanstar Posts: 7
    edited 07/17/2015 - 4:52 AM
    Sounds like our surgeries were not far apart in time. I was fused at L3-4-5 with bone taken from around the surgery site, rods, cages and screws. I am better than I was before surgery but no where, where I expected to be. I get depressed thinking about it sometimes but that doesn't help or solve the problem. I had one round of PT but just ask my doctor for a second round. I start next week. I am very hopeful. The PT said I have to work slowly on building up the muscle strength of my back to be able to support me. He said that all my pain is coming from trying to do too much because the muscles just aren't strong enough yet so that's what we will be working on. Slowly and with determination on my part to do the exercises at home on days I don't go. It will be a commitment on my part to want to get better, not just say I want to. I told him I need someone to teach me how to do things around the house without hurting my self, like getting clothes out of the dryer or making the bed, changing the sheets, loading the bottom shelf of the dishwasher and then getting the dishes out or putting something in the oven. I am having trouble standing long enough at the stove to cook a decent meal. I can start but about half way through I am thinking "oh no, I have messed up again" and sure enough I'm down for 2 days with pain. I think the physical therapy is going to help and so will the exercises. Is that an option for you? My age could be a factor (62) but I was so active before the surgery that It is just hard to take I am in this shape now.