Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need some help with chores etc. who to call Dept of aging or other?

I'm at a loss because I just cannot keep up anymore. I'm going to call the Dept of Aging for some info or help on what to do, I just hate the thought of calling for help, I'm used to my independence, I've been putting it off for a long time now and it has caught up with me now.

I do not receive any financial assistance, I'm in the gray area just a wink or two above the income guidelines.

I'm sure a lot of you have the same problems, I cannot clean my carpets with my cleaning machine, the fill bucket is too heavy not to mention how many times I'd need to empty it,

My property was always mowed I used to ride the mower and get this all done in one day, I have some land and I need to take care of it, I always pruned the shrubs and took care of everything outdoors, outdoors was my work and I loved it, I hate that I cannot do it all anymore, I hate how my property looks!

I cannot use a lot of my outdoor tools, I bought a telescopic tree branch trimmer that uses a battery and I will not be able to even lift this up to do what I want to do.

This whole situation I am in is making me too upset, I cannot accept that I cannot do all I want to, I just feel confined to the house and going grocery shopping.

I'm very sorry I am whining, I know others have it way worse than I do and I don't know how in the world they are coping with their illness or illnesses.

As mentioned I'm in the gray area, still at poverty level, what has happened to me has ruined my income, you all know the Dr. bills, tests, ,meds etc etc..........

Is there some kind of help out there? Who to call etc

• They may be listed under social services department of aging and disabilities. Centers for Independent living, senior services are all options to consider..
    Also many lawn services offer discounts to seniors or low income adults.

• Definitely contact the aging services. I know I had to finally buy a smaller vacuum and a smaller carpet shampooer. The old ones were too heavy. I can clean the carpets now. It still takes an hour or so cos I have to stop and rest but it gets done.