Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

typing/mouse use hurts? Does it happen to anyone?

My elbow and arm hurts when i type and use mouse...sometimes the pain even goes back in my chest/upperback spinal area. Does anyone have that type of experience?
MRI shows C4-C7 severe steonosis. Pain in hand.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Yes, I experience that, also.
    I have not been able to use my desktop computer for more than five minutes, for couple of years now.
    Lumbar pain, yes, but thoracic pain most painful ..to out of control..within the five minutes.

When my laptop became too heavy for my comfort, I now have an iPad...which is light enough for me.
    A terrific godsend to me me connected to the world!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    using a computer.

So much of it behind a computer, a workstation, different types of computers and mouses.

No question that my wrist and forearm got to be sore and it continued as much as I used the computer. Switching over to a wireless mouse, where I could position it almost anywhere did help, but still after a number of hours, it hurts.

I have always stated that there is no perfect workstation. If you have read some of my threads, you will know that I was involved with a task force in the late 1980s to come up with the perfect ergonomic workstation.

The answer! Do not spend more than 45 minutes at the computer at one time. Get up, work around stretch, give your arms, legs, back, neck a chance to unwind. Then after about 10 minutes or so come back. Now, this applies not only to home usage but to work usage.

I know, many people will say that my employer will not allow or frowns upon those types of breaks. If you talk to them about your situation, they may understand.

Its either you take the breaks and be more productive, or you dont take the breaks and you lose productivity because of the discomfort.

Put in those terms, I think they will understand
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • SukhreSSukhre San Diego, CAPosts: 181
    It is a great success that you had a 35 year productive life. It seems I have to go to surgery... constant pain on my elbow and hand/wrist joint is making my life horrible.
    MRI shows C4-C7 severe steonosis. Pain in hand.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    I joined in 1974 and I had my first spinal surgery in 1978.
    Over the years between surgeries, recovery, flareups, etc I had almost 4 total years of not at work time.

Then from 2000 until 2009 I worded from home. At first 1 day a week, then 2, then finally I worked full time from home with a monthly visit to Poughkeepsie. But by 2009, even working from home, my conditions got the better of me and I retired (which I was eligible to do
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com