Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Stiff neck aft EIS

Ms.KiaJMMs.KiaJ Posts: 1
edited 07/10/2015 - 7:59 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi guys,

Just to give a brief history of my condition, in 2007 I was in a bad car accident. Ended up with a herniated disc and a bulging disc. One in my neck and the other in my back. (don't know which is which) Following the accident I did therapy. Once the case was closed after suing that red light runner. therapy stopped and I just lived my life dealing with the pain with meds and heating pads. Since the very cold weather in January things has gotten worse. pain, weakness, tingling, numbness and twitching only in my right harm. So I went to see an orthopedic and got an MRI done. Come to find out that things has changed with the disc in my neck (did not check the one between my shoulder blades). So the orthopedic sent me to get an Epidural Injection Shot in my neck only I was sore for 3 days. the 4th day i was fine. It worked wonders. Although I am not 100% pain free I am about 85% pain free. But this is where my concern comes in. The 18th of this month will be a month since I received the Epidural. However, my neck is still stiff from it. I'm wondering if it is because I did not use a cold pack after. Cold packs make my pain worse. I tried it and I just couldn't do it. Even though the doctor said it was a must. So I started taking my meds again and putting my heat pad on my neck. But it is still stiff. I can turn my head but not as far as I could before. Is this normal ? Will it go away?

Moderator's message...Please click on link for helpful information
Welcome to Spine-Health
advertisement