Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Four months post op pain!

Joshthom1JJoshthom1 Posts: 2
edited 08/13/2015 - 6:11 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I had Fusion (Aspen device fitted) and decompression L5/ S1 at the end of February. I was doing great, got released from physio as was feeling great and went on holiday to Florida at the end of May where all was good. when I returned I started getting pain in my hips going into my low back. The pain at night is awful turning over or if I need to get up the pain is literally a throbbing pain!!

I am so gutted after doing so well I am now taking pain meds every day again!! Can anyone give any advice? Is this normal after my op? I feel like I am back to the beginning again!!

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click link for helpful information! ~spine-health moderator, savage

• caroline2caroline2 Posts: 92
    edited 08/16/2015 - 10:19 AM
    I'm waiting for my neighbor to tell me his back surgery is worse .. I haven't seen him for a while, so I wonder. I did good 5 months post op with hip replacement and then all went downhill for me, that was in 2010. I deal with a lot of complications and do have back issues, knee and foot and ankle messes. Now I know why some of the old timers from my childhood lived with their issues. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. For me, I'll work long and hard to not do anymore elective surgeries. Hope you can find some relief. I take ENOUGH pain meds after hip surgery.....
    Bodywide OA, Fibro and complications from Hip Replacement.