Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thought on this

Just wanting to get everyone's opinion on this and see what you would do. Little over 7 weeks ago I had surgery on L4 to S1 and had the coflex implants put on to help with back pain and pain going down both legs to the point I could barely handle standing walking or sitting for any length of time. After the surgery I was held over night and was released the next day without the dr seeing me he just signed off and I was sent home even though I had signs of a infection starting. Within 2 days the infection wad going full speed and ended up in the local er where I was hooked up to Iv antibiotics and given keflex and sent home and told to see my dr because they wouldn't touch me past giving the antibiotics. I called the following Monday to see my dr and was told to wait and see. The infection kept getting worse so finally at week 3 the dr saw me and removed fluid off my back in hopes that would help me heal. It didn't help and he had sent the fluid off to be tested and he said it was clear of infection even though I was on a large amount of antibiotics. For the next 3 weeks my wife and I kept getting told the infection was nothing to worry about it was fine and it was all in my head. After I got the staples out at week 5 the incision started to open up again my wife called the dr and was told it was fine it would close not to worry and all that but it kept opening more and more to the point where she could see the outline of the bone in my back. Then finally the dr agreed to see me again. After he saw the wound he scheduled me for a second surgery the following week. When I went in for surgery just a week ago this past Tuesday to have to area completely opened and cleaned the dr refused to answer my question even if the nurse tried to ask for me he refused. The surgery was 4 hrs late and when I was woken up from surgery the dr had already went home and again wouldn't answer my wife's questions either he just walked off. Now I'm having problems with both my legs going numb or hurting as badly as hey did before the first surgery and I haven't been able to fully empty my bladder since the first surgery. My question is after this big log history of the past few months is would you go back to this dr or try and be seen by someone else because now that they have found out about this they want me to be seen yet again by the dr and to be completely honest idk if I can trust him after what has happened. I really appreciate your input here.
Thank you


  • If it were me I would go with another Dr. You have to have a good relationship with your health care providers and you should be able to trust. It sounds like your dr has violated that. Just my opinion and I do wish you well.
Sign In or Register to comment.