Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What should I do next

I've had several selrgeries for a c5c6 fusion. One to do the fusion one for non fusion and one for a infection after the non fusion. I see a orthopedic and I tell him of the pain I'm in and tingling and the occasional loss of feeling in my arm where I can't move it at all. It feels dead. He seems uninterested. Kinda like he did the surgery and got his money. He sends me to a pm dr. Who pretty much does nothing. Gives me meds noritin. And sends me on my way. MRI shows spondylitis , anterior osteophytes and mild degenerative changes above the fusion.

What should I do next?

• A very long time to heal, if it is going to. How long ago were the surgeries? There really isn't much that the surgeon can do regarding the nerve pain, unless there is compression of a nerve root.
    Neurontin is a medication used to treat nerve pain, but it can take some time to find the correct dose that eases the nerve pain but doesn't cause intolerable side effects. What dose are you on and when did you start taking it?
    If once you get to a high enough dose, if the neurontin still isn't all that helpful, the pm can try Cymbalta or Lyrica or a few other meds also used for nerve pain.