Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery 1/15, all was well, now sciatica potentially back..?

I'm so upset and kind of in denial about this, but it's kind of consuming me, so I thought this forum was a good place to share it. I suffered from severe sciatica in my left butt, hip and down my left leg for over 2.5 years. After trying everything, got a discectomy/laminectomy on my L5/S1 on Jan 15 of this year. In the very beginning there was sometimes a twinge of sciatica, but over time I realized that it had gone away except again the twinges if I sat for long periods of time (sitting was always my problem.) I now have a standing desk, started doing yoga and everything seemed to me going well and then last week my left hip started hurting. It felt more like some sort of muscle strain, which could very well have happened because my hip flexors were probably pushed beyond the limit when I was holding a yogi squat in yoga class a day or two prior. But a week later, it's still there and now I have pain in my left knee as well. I'm so worried that I somehow reherniated the disc, but I don't want to go to my surgeon. I don't want to have to fight with my craptastic insurance to get an MRI and I don't want to see what the MRI says. I just want to ignore it, but the last time I did that, I ended up in a whole heap of pain a year or so after the "twinge" started.

I don't know if there is anything you can do, except maybe assure me that it could be isolated and not back related. How long do you think I should let it go before I see my surgeon again? And what do they usually do at that point? Argh. I really thought I was over this...