Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What kind of MUSIC do you like?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Water Cooler
I wanna get in on this 'what do you like' stuff! If anyone read my reply to 'what do you do for a living' then you know I like dance music, mainly trance and I have a website with free mixes and a podcast, but my first love will always be classic rock. I was named after Stevie Nicks so she is of course my number1!

If I could cause a little trouble I'd like to tell you there is a new mix up, just put it up a few minutes ago. Very hot, very exciting.

So.. check that out and let me know what you think and what your favorite music is and why. I would love to know. I think there is something good in every genre of music. They all have something to offer.

Stevie Lee

• nice music ya using the torque exponent? no offence intended K..awright? but some mixes could be a little tighter,not bad but some of the beat juggling got away, but it was tight! ive been looking round for something like this,gonna pass it on ta some friends! luck to ya,you picked up a listener!
    PS. i DJ'd at a club for around a year or two,qualifying the critical words..know what ime saying? like i said no offence!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    My mood seems to determine what I want to hear. Of course like you Stevie,
    classic rock 60's and 70's hits home. Zepplen, Foghat, The Who, Stones,
    Aerosmith, etc... BTW, Stevie Nick's has an awesome voice!
    But I have to say I'm really liking some of this Country music also. Toby Keith, Clint Black, Brad Paisley, Allen Jackson, and some of these chic's do some great country too. Heck, I even like to crank up the Metallica once in a while if the mood is right!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,848
    I love just about every type/style of music from the ole grand classics to modern vogue music. The only style I do not like is Rap
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I don't think I could live without music! I like classic rock, alternative rock, some pop music and things I can shake my booty to!

I love The Doors, LOVE JIM MORRISON, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, Lynard Skynard, Neil Young, Guns N Roses, Fuel (before the lead singer left), TOOL, Nine Inch Nails, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Counting Crows, Black Crows, Maroon 5, Jack Johnson, Aerosmith, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Rage Against the Machine, Chevelle, Better than Ezra, Incubus, Weezer (saw them at the House of Blues in New Orleans and they were awesome), Godsmack, Cowboy Mouth, Dave Matthews (he was also great in concert), Justin Timberlake and many, many more!

I have a great respect for artists that write their own music, play instruments or have a great set of pipes like Christina Aguilera...I don't like all of her songs but I respect her because she can sing! I don't always like all the other stuff that seems to be manufactured, but I do like some of it! And I love to dance!
  • Fernando uses torque with vinyl.We recently rearranged the studio for better sound from the monitors so the newer mixes are better, don't get me wrong he knows what he's doing, been doing it longer than anyone I know. i've yet to hear anyone else keep two song together as long as he can to where you can't even tell unless u know what ur listening for. They are held together on turntables so well that you get a phase cancellation. By time you realize they are playing together they've already been together for a minute or longer. Everyone's using cd decks and that's horrible. takes the creative personal style right out of it. if you notice he puts most emphasis on the in between of the songs, I love it. Nice to know you'll be listening thanks for the response. Nice to meet u
  • hey stevie,ya he's good,just i owuld have thown the base line out on the transition and made a big ol breakdown out of it,it was episode 14 i think i demo'd track 1 to 2 but hey its all good! i love trance music most followed by chill,then d n b some house,a few breaks and some old skool hard dance/trance from dj brian,on moonshine music,if ya can find it its worht a listen! i agree about the cd..seems to take the life out of the music,but then again i came up on cd so go figure..,mentor would spin the wax...evil grin..to prodigy,smack my .....up! and did naughty thing in booth whilst playing,smack is the operative wording,any way it was b4 my time and his sinus habits had cleaned up by then.we had our own little night,it was great until some out of towner crews decided to be un p.l.u.r and spray territorially on the crowd,,ruined the night coz the only music they played woz the most esoteric and obscure breaks,everybody did a collective "wha" when they played,
    sad really,it was a good sunday rave..

Fancy pants ya said the P word,i love the music from the early days and up to now!i was there when the psychadelics were first in vogue i never needed any chemical romance to get my head off on the music, m buddy though,he likes the green smoke too much,he would spout off the most stupid natter while on the puff,such a d.a.
    i like all kinds of music as long as it draws my imagination in,thats why dance music is so vital in my life!
    but any rap is just ughh, trip hop is great,mostly,just all this posing and acting hard got old 5 minutes into the scene,sorry just way too much drama for a cheap song..later
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• If Ron would post all the concerts he has been to, you all would be blown away.

He was there when history was made!!
  • love all types of music EXCEPT country but heavy metal is my all time favorite....can't live without it. Megadeth is my all time favorite band and they are amazing in concert!!!!!!!! :jawdrop:
  • a headbanger, too??

You just keep gettin' better and better
  • shucks , now you are making me blush.... ;)
  • Head bangers in leather
    Sparks fly in the dead of the night
    It all comes together
    When they shoot out the lights
    950,000 watts of power
    And it's pushin' overload
    The beast is ready to devour
    All the metal they can hold
    Reachin' overload
    Start to explode

Get your one-way ticket to midnight
    and call it.......Heavy Metal

"If it's too loud, you're too old"!
  • We are starting up an internet radio station and we need to fill spots with one hour long shows, you think you might be interested? You can do pretty much whatever you want- talk , play songs talk about song or products...make it a mix show. If you are interested I will have fernando send you information on how it's going to work. Let me know, k
  • Mr.Ben,
    You simply rock the house!BTW,since when head bangers blush?
  • Ya ide like to get more info,like a cat on milk!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I am not the one who deals with people for this matter, but I told Fernando about you and he said to give you his e-mail so here it is:

Just let him know your name and that you are interested in the radio program for OS Muzik and what you would like to do if you had a show..yada yada you get the point. I'm excited to see how this works out. Best of luck. He doesn't deal with bs'ers so don't make me look bad if you're not serious k?

• OS Muzik is a party/nite club promotion company based out of chicago il usa.We also are a private recording studio and independent music label DBA OS Muzik Recordings.,Are your promoting you website?
  • I'm offering ranchhand a chance to have a radio show since he has experience and took an interest in the music and I was sharing what I do with everyone.
  • I asked stevie for more info about the webpage, i enjoy the site immensley! and asked for more info about it. I worked years ago in the music scene as a DJ and the music strikes a chord to a lost past for me.no offence intended ime sure on both sides! Dance music is a big part of my mental coping mechanism,it is simple,no politics,no bs, just one person reaching out to another in the simplest manner. it is emotive and strengthening to me and manny ime sure,i just take it to a more primal level. sorry for the confusion!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I used to watch Headbangers' Ball back in the day on MTV...I was and still am a Headbanger, in so much as my neck allows, lol!
  • Classic rock, mainly 1970's.. Boston, Foreigner, Journey, REO, Forghat etc... Blues rock (LOVE Stevie Ray), some country, classical if the mood strikes, I sing choral music at church on Sundays.

My Ipod is way to small to fit all of my likes... only htings I really can't handle are Rap, techno type stuff and opera... and bubble gummy pop... too sappy! It has to have a lot of guitars in it, generally. Used to be a bit of a metal head, but that's mellowed out a lot.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,848
    Who are your favorite guitar players?

No specific order but:

Jimi Hendrix
    Jeff Beck
    Jimmy Page
    Eric Clapton
    George Harrison
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    BB King
    Al DiMiola
    Joe Perry
    Joe Satriani
    Eddie Van Halen
    Billy Gibbons

I got to see all of them in concerts except for Stevie and Joe Satriani.
    Also as you can tell, my list names the players from earlier days..

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • My favorite is David Gilmore,then
    Mark Knophler
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• what about Lindsay Buckingham? ya know...Fleetwood mac!

I think Tom petty is a very clever lyricist!
  • confuse them two guitars!
    My other favorites are:
    Mr. Slow Hand
    Jimmie Page
    Richie Blackmore
    Ingvie Malmsteen
    Tony Iommi

Megadeth is great band, far better than the new Metallica thats for sure!!!

I also like Industrial, Gothic, Punk, Opera, Jazz, Hip Hop, Electronica, and do like some old school country ala Patsy Cline, Hank Williams SR, Johnny Cash.

Being a musician and later a Recording Engineer gave me a broad spectrum of genres to enjoy.Music is the best addiction to ever have.
  • just about every name on your list. Might add Tom Scholtz and Brian May.
  • There was (is) a good songwriting duo. I love anything at all by The Eagles.
  • My favorite kind of music involves several kinds: Native American Flute Music and Pow Wow Music as I am Tsalagi(Cherokee). As far back as I can remember I love the Blues too.

My wife bought me tickets to a B.B. King Concert some years ago. I sat in the front row and could have listened all night long. The lead in groups were Ruth Brown and Bobby Blue Bland. I never got to see Stevie Ray Vaugn or some others I would have loved. I can play Blues on my guitar too.

Being an old fogie (56 years old) pretty much any group from the 60's I love as well (Santana, Jimmy Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Grateful Dead, etc etc).

Ken GreyEagle
  • I like the native american flute music, it's very pretty and relaxing. We have piergi-fest in whiting indiana and they come and play live every year.

One of my favorite older songs is live for today by grassroots
  • I can find music in any and every genre that I love and hate. Some of my favs would have to be electric blues and rock. Stevie Ray Vaughn, all time favorite.

I also have played/do play the viola, piano, native american flute, and sing sing sing.

One Love,