Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thoracic 8 and 9 epidural streroid injection

PenelopepitstopPPenelopepitstop Posts: 1
edited 07/24/2015 - 3:29 PM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I had my 1st T8-9 steroid epidural injection today and will not allow that dr. do it again. My insurance would not pain for my reg. pain doc to perform it because he is not under my plan. I have had many lumbar and cervical steroid injections but always got Versed. Today nothing was given. Felt like an elephant sitting on my chest at the time medications was inject enjected. Since I have been home, having spasms over ribs, pain at site and diarrhea. I understand the nerves at that level are associated with the stomach. How long will. These side effects last. Had none with previous injections either because the versed made me forget the 1st day or due to the different levels.
advertisement

Comments

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,941
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I was interested in your comments. I have t10 area disc herniation with compression from severe fall on back and head 2013. First 6 injections were placed at three levels in my thoracic with nothing to relax me. Became violently ill from injections and spine doc wanted to try epidural in same area with same steroid. I was sick for 7 days from side effects. One thing I have learned is thoracic herniations mess with your stomach as well. Do not think you are crazy as I have researched it thoroughly. Chiro failed, pt failed, water therapy helped short term but a newbie tried to put 40 lbs traction on upper spine and I have never been same since. If you get shooting pains in abdomen the drug gabapentin may help you! Best of luck!
    Unrelenting pain