Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

muscle seperation after posterior fusion......

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
has anyone heard of this?? had it happen to them??? know ANYTHING at all about it??? I am pretty sure mine happened because of the staph infection......the incision busting open....and all that went on....so will they probably go in and re attach the muscle??? the sink hole in my back seems to be getting bigger,,,,,but the worst is the PAIN i cant stay like this!!!! :(

• Leslie, I really get grossed out when I see your avatar. :sick:

I am not sure what they do for the posterior muscle thing, but another member has this. I'll PM you who she is. Don't want to put her information out here if she doesn't want it.

Is the pain from the muscle wasting, or from the infection, or just post op pain? I can tell you my neck/shoulders still kills me, but I'm sure it isn't anything like what you are feeling. PM me when you need to.

I'll email you my posterior incision in just a minute. It's been days since you asked me to. Sorry I haven't done it before now.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Please make sure to take care of yourself! My posterior incision is healing nicely. Your picture reminds me to be very careful. I will pray for your quick recovery!
    Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.
  • some blood test, a gallium scan, CT, MRI....I see the doctor monday he is NOT the doctor who did my 3 surgerys he is my second opinion....Thank you Cindy I would love to talk to the person you are talking about!!! Leslie
This discussion has been closed.