Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lexapro withdrawal

Doctor just put me on lexapro 2months ago, I don't like it.
Has anyone ever tried to get off it?

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 552
    edited 07/29/2015 - 1:39 AM
    I was on it many years ago. If I remember correctly, I had to taper off of it? You should discuss this with your doctor.
    Why don't you like it? Maybe discuss with your doctor other options?
  • edited 07/29/2015 - 1:04 PM
    I have been on this medication since my daughter was born (postpartum depression) which is over 9 years and it saved and changed my entire life. I guess different things work for different people. I tried about 3 years ago to stop taking it and it was a nightmare. No sleep, flu like symptoms, uncontrollable emotions, crying all the time and the absolute worse...what I call the drops but its just a strange sponge sinking feeling. I would never do that again. Plus I have gotten over the whole stigma thing about being on meds. I will likely take this for the rest of my life.
  • Betty65BBetty65 FloridaPosts: 83
    I've been on Lexapro 20 mg for over 10 years following the birth of my second child. I've tried to stop taking it several times (just because I wanted to be "medicine free") but also had bad w/d symptoms. I finally realized that this medicine is helping me so why stop taking it? Unless I had bad side-effects from it, of course.

My PCP said the best way to get off of it is to taper. From googling it I found that the taper has to be VERY VERY slow.

Hope you can find a solution that works best for you. Take care.
  • MikethepikeMMikethepike Posts: 243
    edited 08/18/2015 - 1:45 AM
    did anyone have severe muscle rigidity from tapering?its been 2 weeks. I am planning on going off completely today.