Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C1 Fracture with no tissue between C1 & C2 and out of alignment

After my C1 Fracture I have been going to therapy and went back to work and started driving after the twelve weeks as directed by my Dr. He said my fracture was healed. In having a difficult time getting support from my neurologist I did get an orthopedic who immediately did not like that I was sent to therapy without knowing if I was 100 % healed. I had gotten xrays which did not help where he then had me have CT scans. THis has taken some time due to insurance reasons and appointment cancellations. However, this Dr. has been great. As for my Neurologist, I have complained a lot about my problems and most of the recommendation has been drugs and continue therapy. Therapy was the great for me as it helped with the pain.

I had the summer off where after therapy was over I did what they taught me on my own. I also have been driving where I have been working my head a lot. Now the Neurologist is telling me that I don't have any tissue between the C1and C2 and it is out of alignment quit a bit. I was shocked to hear this. Also, he only wants me to move my head very little and I must rely on the mirrors while driving, no turning at all. I don't know how one minute I am able to do so much with my head per his recommendation and now I can't do much. He also stated he doesn't recommend any surgery. I am really upset. I called the office to meet with him again and they don't feel I need to do that. At present I am scared because as he describe it my head can drop or I can have major problems if I am not careful. I will be going back to work in a couple of week and this has me nervous. The neuro did say that cartilage can build up in the area but I have so many questions where I can't get because supposedly my one conversation with him should have been enough. Would love to hear from someone who has experienced what I have. I am trying to keep up my faith but it has been difficult the last few days because I am not able to see my orthopedic.

• So in shock from the news I received recently and confused about it I was able to talk with my neuro to clarify my problem. It was found that on my C1 and C2 I have a slip of 50% on one side only, with damaged to the joint capsule. He does not recommend fusion at this time and wants to see if it would repair on its own. At present I should live life normally but with caution. I am waiting to see my ortho but would like to know are there any supplements that I can take to help the healing process.