Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

10 Days post ACDF C5-7 w/?'s

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
Sitting here in my Arizona brace now over week post surgery C5-7. (my surgeon has you wear it 24/7 except to Philadelphia collar when showering for 2 weeks straight) Just wondering how other people have done. The truly unbearable "nerve" pain that I had prior to surgery is gone but now having some new muscle pains maybe-between both shoulder blades. My surgeon said he really "torqued" me so I assume that means I am now an inch or so taller and maybe my muscles are trying to get used to their "new" position on stretch? Having a better time sleeping but still not in my bed...move from recliner to anti-gravity chair to blow up bed on the floor with a little air out of it so able to sink on in/no pillow....Thought I would be able to do away with the pain meds and I have weaned myself off the Neurontin/Gabapentin but still need pain meds and think I built up a tolerance to the oxycodone...prior to surgery they switched me to endocet and I still need those...I will have one good day followed by a bad day etc....seems to go up and down. Does that sound right? I definitely feel much better prior to the surgery so I am really glad that I had it done...just hoping I am on track and figured would check in with people that "know" what to expect. I'm headed back to teaching water ex. classes on Monday just 12 days post surgery so hoping I can at least demonstrate on "land" some things until he will let me back in the pool where I know I will feel really good.
2 more ?'s I still seem to have a really dry mouth. Came out of surgery with my lips stuck to my teeth and seems I never have any saliva any more ? did they "cut" something...also on my left jawline it is really "numb" (side they did the incision)
Thanks so much for any/all input you might have.

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer any questions. congratulations on your surgery and your success so far. check out the Back and Neck surgery forum for some more input. you might also read the "Good News" section for a look at some more positive outcomes. i love to swim to help my back. can't do aerobics but i can paddle and walk! you will be back in the pool in no time if you continue like you are. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry I can't give you any help here since I'm a lumbar spiney but just wanted to say hello and welcome.

• Welcome to SH. I am also a lumbar spiney. Try to post in the surgery forum, maybe more people who have answers for you will see this.