Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Shoulder pain from implant

Dr. is keeping in the hospital overnight because of the pain I'll have between my shoulders. It was pretty intense when I started the trial and even my regular pain killers didn't help. Can anyone give any insight as to if the pain was worse and what they did to ease it?

• cmfjohnstonccmfjohnston Posts: 1
    edited 08/30/2015 - 7:20 AM
    I've had this pain too. It's worse when the simulator is on and is sore when it's off. The stimulator is only supposed to be affecting my whole left side of my pelvis front and back, my tail bone/illiac crest, my femoral head and my left foot
    But the pain in my upper back, between my shoulder blades gets worse the longer I keep it on, and I tried just having it on while I'm not doing anything. But I'd get spasms even though I'm immobile in bed, if I moved even slightly the simulation would shoot up and make it so I could barely move. Just horrible shooting pain so I'd have to turn it off just to make it so I can breathe again which still took about 5 minutes to reduce the residual pain. While It's off those muscles are sore and I get occasional jolts and spasms. It also gets worse the more I move and the more stress I'm under. I think it might be over simulation of those muscles but my doctor seems to have no idea what I'm talking about because he's never encountered someone in my situation. I've had to keep my scs off because I honestly can't handle all of this pain. I mean my normal complex regional pain syndrome pain in my foot, leg, lower back, and hip pain is beyond tolerable, but adding this back pain is just outrageous. Even with the stimulator off I'm having trouble handling it. I've also been having migraines, abdominal pains, nausea, been falling down a lot, dizziness and lightheadedness, chest pains, and more spasms than normal with my crps. But I'm unsure if it is treated to the back pains. Did you happen to find any solution?
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• This post-op pain is horrendous. I can't wait til it dissipates