Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Left side Lower back pain, numbness in legs.

naveennnaveen Posts: 1
edited 08/09/2015 - 8:46 PM in Lower Back Pain

It's been more than 7 months I have this condition and I have been following up with multiple doctors but my situation remains the same. Adding my issue description as bullet points to that it is easier to read.

Conditions / Issues - 7 Months
  • Numbness and Pain in the left leg(feet)
  • Left leg middle finger feels to be drifting side ways
  • Pain in the lower back - Left side - Sometimes very painful
  • Sometimes pain in the higher back
  • Tingling in entire left side (3-4 times in 7 months) when experiencing excess pain
When and How
  • Pain seems to increase after driving for long hours
  • Pain seems to increase while/after sitting for long hours
  • Numbness in left is directly proportional to the amount of pain in the back
  • Numbness and tingling started 2 months before the back pain
  • Pain less / Loud cracking sound in the back when crisp walking / rotating the less / exercising while laying down
  • Little to no pain / numbness in the morning after a good sleep, pain build in 2-3 hours
  • Alcohol seems to make it worse
  • Massage makes it feel better for few hours
Test and Results with Expert Neurologist and Expert Rheumatology Consultant (Renowned Hospital)
  • Normal spine MRI
  • Normal brain MRI
  • Normal auto-immuno blot tests
  • Normal vitamin levels
  • Normal C-Reactive Protein
  • Normal generic blood tests
  • Normal Rheumatoid arthritis tests
  • Normal consultation from Rheumatologist
Medication taken - currently not on any medication
  • Vitamin B
  • Neuroben - 2 Months
  • Gabapentin - 3 Months
  • Rheumatologist asked to stop all medication
Physical Activity after / before the pain
  • Psychically inactive for years
  • Started to walk 2-3 kms on alternate days
  • Started to run 3 kms on alternate days
  • Muscle strengthening exercises on alternate days
  • Using the chair wedge cushion since 1 month
  • Can bend and stretch without issues
My condition is not improving and I'm getting concern that it might be too late for my Dr. to detect my issues and I would end-up developing a serious neuro or spine issue.

Any kind of help and guidance to get proper diagnose will be very helpful

Nobody on the forum is medically qualified or permitted to give advice any responses will be based on members personal experiences only

Moderator's message...Please click on link for helpful information
Welcome to Spine-Health