Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to the boards

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone...glad I have come across the boards and postings. It sure has helped me already to read what other people that experience the same health problems share here. Hopefully I can also help others by sharing my experience, strength and hope. So here it goes.....I was diagnosed with DDD in 2001.

First surgery was an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion at C4-5 with instrumentation in 8/2001.

10/2004- Three level posterior 360 degree decompression with lumbar laminectomy with bilateral facetectomies from L3-4,L4-5 and L5-S1. Pedicle screw and rod titanium implant L3 to sacrum.

1/2006 Instrumentation removal and reinforcement with additional bone banked bone graft added.

6/2008 Decompression and posterior fusion of L2-3 level due to an annular bulge of the disc resulting in marked compression of the the thecal sac. Again with instrumentation.

2 weeks and 2 days into recovery from the last surgery. Doing OK but still have pain in the left leg. However I have faith that this too shall pass after reading these wonderful posts!!! Sure helps in explaining things that the Dr.'s don't!!

Thanks for being here!!! :)

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. congratulations on 2 weeks and success! i am sure your leg will catch up to the rest of you! you have certainly had your share of surgeries! i am surprised there was anything left for you to learn! lol! check out the "Good News" section for some other success stories. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to spine=health...
  • Hello and Welcome to the forum!
  • ">image

I hope your leg pain gets better quickly! Do you make the security checkpoints go crazy when you go to the airport??lol

Seriously, welcome!!
  • Thank you all for welcoming me...I too thought I would never have anything new to learn lulusheart nor that I would be going through yet another surgery after I swore I wouldn't. But I'm sure we all know we will do whatever it takes after all of the other non surgical attemps fail. I have never experienced this pain in the left leg after the other two surgeries but after reading a couple of the post I realize this is normal. Those nerves must be angry that they are not trapped anymore ;) HA-HA to them!!!

And yes I do make some metal detectors go off but once I explain and show bits and pieces of the scars they back off. Way cool!!

Well again thanks to all who welcomed me and I hope and pray for each of us that this pain and further surgeries are a thing of the past one day!!!
  • I look forward to reading your posts. You must be a very strong person after going through all of those recoveries!
  • you have quite a history. welcome.
  • Welcome to SH. Keep us updated with your recovery. With your experience, I'm sure you have alot of helpful info for others.
  • Glad to report that NO leg pain today...yippee!!! yahooooo!!
    Perhaps it was all of you lovely people that welcomed me and wished me well that did the trick. Hey Lotus26 I don't know how I missed your post yesterday but that is exactly what my ex-rays looked like before they removed the instrumentation. It is identical too as far as what disc were fused..wild huh?

And to all I hope you are having a good day and I believe no matter what we can get through whatever comes our way with the love and support of family and friends. Also by speaking to people like all of you who understand exactly what we feel and think. People who do not experience this mess try to understand but sometimes, in my experience anyway, I get the look of a puppy when it hears a strange noise (you know they way they kind of cock their head to one side) when I try to explain!!! 8) ;)

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    For an introduction, CLick on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here

Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Sounds like you have been through a lot! Luckily, it also sounds like your surgeries have been quite successful. I sure like your upbeat attitude. Thanks for sharing and welcome to SH.

PS Scars are like tattoos with better stories.
  • "6/2008 Decompression and posterior fusion of L2-3 level due to an annular bulge of the disc resulting in marked compression of the the thecal sac. Again with instrumentation"

Hey welcome here. Your description above sounds very much like what I'm now having. I have a bulge with L 3 which is badly worn and leaking. I'm in constant pain and it has been going on since Feb after I jarred myself when missing a step coming off the ladder. My Dr. wants to do another fusion; L 4 was done in 2008. I'm trying to see a new Dr. who does micro-surgery.

Best wishes, take care and good luck!