Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 months later after L4/5 fusion

adambaadamb Posts: 46
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
well it has been four months since lumbar fusion. Back to doing some workouts, and have gotten back on my road bike actually. But the issue I am having still is legs are both swollen, never have had this until about 7 weeks out of surgery noticed it. Since this is workers comp and I have no other insurance have been waiting for approval to get doplar sonar. I am not sure if a blood clot or what. But can a Blood clot hang around like this for this long or should I be looking into something else?

• Adam,

I am not a doctor. I had Doppler Ultrasound done the week after I left the hospital for Left Calf pain. It came back as a muscle strain. They also noted that one leg was warmer than the other. If you noticed this 7 weeks previous get on the phone with WC and get them off their keister before you have other complications.
  • I have to go through my lawyer so it turns into a circus, I call the Dr. they call W/c put in a simple request then they forget about me. I went in, called the Dr. they finally got going but W/c never got back finally my lawyer got in on it and put in for urgent claim, and told me to go in and get it done. SO know I am scheduled next week, but what is weird is one day it is bad and next day hardly noticeable
  • I had doppler done at 6 weeks too!!
    My feet and legs swelled up big time at 4 weeks.
    Turned out to be the Caduet I was taking. Now on a diuertic.
    In the hospital the Norvasc and lipator were given sepaerately. When home I started the Caduet. then the problem started. So if you take Blood pressure meds....
    Good luck