Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nerve Pain never stops

ricknavy63rricknavy63 Posts: 3
edited 08/16/2015 - 8:57 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Had first back surgery for herinated disk L4-L5 and buldge disk L5-S1 June 2014, healed and went back to work for pepsico route sales in september (bending, lifting, twisting, 70-100 pounds daily). I'm 52 and re-injured myself 2nd
day back at work. Shooting lightening down right leg, right foot stays 100% numb with burning sensation if I do anything that requires lifting over 5 pounds or just pressing on brake while driving. Left foot is 75% numb and started to burn recently. Tried steroid shots in oct 2014 with no results. EMG showed damaged nerves causing both feet numbness and burning. Had 2 level fusion Jan 2015. Wore back brace and bone stim for 3 months. Both feet getting worse and right leg severe pain from knee down. Had 2nd and 3rd opinions and all say nerves are damaged and its going to take months if not years to heal. I've been off work and work comp checks since sep 2014 and now work comp has submitted paperwork for me to be placed on SS Disibilty. My doctor says its no longer his problem because the surgery was sucessful and its no longer a spine issue. I said I'm worse now then before 2 surgeries and my feet are killing me!!! I cry nightly because of pain and the burden I'm placing on my 60 yr old wife. So my neuro-surgeon ups my meds to 900mg gabs and 10mg norco, which I've been taking since march daily to sleep at night. My dr says its a neuropathy now....... But 2 other docs says its a direct result of the surgeries and damaged nerves. I'm so tired of the daily pain, is there anyone who has advise on how to get healthier quickly? I need some relief from these legs and its getting harder to just push myself up outta bed and from a chair without my back hurting at the surgery sight. Thanks for listening and guess ill go take some meds for pain relief........