Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dr. Creepy Creep

griffggriff Posts: 496
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
My mom had her final appointment with her PCP, who's relocating to another city. He actually used to be my doc but he gave me the creeps so I quit him. He's always been respectful to my mom and has taken good care of her.

I started going into the room with every visit because of problems that she had. I noticed that he paid way too much attention to me and would say things like "are you going to give me that beautiful smile today?" and crap like that. I always brushed it off because he paid more attention to my mom once I went in with her. Friday, he went way over the line.

When he came in the room he shook my moms hand, then mine. Only he didn't let mine go, he put his other hand over it and held on forEVER. I finally had to pull away forcefully. Then he proceeded to tell me all about how he was worried about me and the drugs I was taking and how he thinks they're changing me! He said that I'm not as "perky" as normal and that he can see the change in my face. I said "it's called PAIN"!!! I was floored! A) How on earth does he know what I'm taking? He's not my doctor! and B) Where does he get off counseling me on anything??? He's NOT my doctor!!! He went on about my meds, getting off of them and what I need to do. I told him that I have a team of doctors that I see and that I work with THEM in regards to my health care.

I left there feeling violated and like I needed a shower. Did he think that because he is leaving that he could get away with that? I have no idea what to do with this. This is the second doctor this year that has violated my trust and their professional ethics. That's not counting that idiot intern at the hospital either.

Then people wonder why I'm so angry....

• How the heck does he know what you are taking for meds? Is he checking into your records somehow??? I think I would make a complaint!!

My primary is a little creepy also. Every time I see him he asks me if I've had my "annual" who is doing it for me... and always offers to do it. He also has a thing about feeling my breasts for lumps.

I'm fed up with him, looking for a new doctor next week. I saw him on Friday, and he gave me a 30 minute lecture about taking narcotic pain relievers that were prescribed by my neurologist. Besides all of his creepy tendencies, I can no longer take him judging me!

• :) you two are having a time of it! wow! where do these doctors crawl out of the wall from? fortunately y'all can change doctors and see what that brings you. i am sorry for both of your problems. some of these guys are the worst. i have been a pain patient for almost 30 years and i have seen lots!!!! anyway, take control and get rid of them quick. you need reliable, caring doctors. make sure you have your records and try and finish up with them on a positive note. a good ending in your chart! good luck! Jenny :)
  • Did your mom know what meds you take?,you said in another post that she was taking your pain meds,maybe she told her doctor about what meds you take....
  • I go to every appointment with her so I know that she didn't tell him- he must have asked around to find out who was caring for me and maybe my old records had a release that was still valid? I have no idea but this is a small community. I really thought that once you stopped seeing a doctor that was it. Guess not. I stopped seeing him before I even had my accident- well over a year ago.

I feels wierd to be lectured by a doctor that is not treating you and even stranger to know that he has an "interest". Ewwwwww!
  • I would definitely file a complaint, who the heck does he think he is?! Ugh, no wonder you felt like you needed a shower! Do it Mama Griff and I'll kick his bottom if necessary! If they're doing it to you, I wonder how many other women have to put up with that creepiness! Never mind who the hell does that?! Where does he get off with the lectures, ugh, don't we get enough of those as it is! :jawdrop:
  • I had a dentist that was also very creepy. My whole family started going to the practice when we first moved out here in '96 and I had some troubles with a broken front tooth caused by a bike accident when I was a kid. The dentist really took care of me and always got me in whenever the dang thing would break again, and when I finally needed a crown he did at less than the normal price (I was, at that point too old to be on my parent's insurance anymore and was waiting for my full-time benefits to kick in).

Anyway, he was really, really old and finally retired, and some young guy took over his practice. At that point I wasn't quite yet living with my fiance, nor were we officially engaged, but it was getting pretty serious. And the dentist gave me the third degree about him! He just asked me a lot of really personal questions about my love life, gave me numerous compliments about my hair, and of course, my teeth. You don't hear, "you have really nice teeth," very often, but whatever turns him on I guess. Super creepy! .
  • Years ago let me rephrase that Decades ago I had a Gynecolist tell me I had a Perfectly shaped Uterus?

Wasn't really sure what he meant by the comment? But my normal response and upbringing was to Say "Thank You" lol.

Always thought about it and wasn't really sure what was going on but never went to see him again.