Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Medial Branch Blocks & Rhizotomy

Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 557
I saw my pain doctor yesterday. He has me scheduled for 2 Medial Branch Blocks & if they work, he wants to do a Rhizotomy.
I have tried several different nerve meds & they either don't work, or I can't get past the side effects.
I spent the most part of last night researching this procedure & I didn't find many positive outcomes. I realize that could be because the people who do have good results aren't on the Internet talking about it. They are out enjoying life.
My biggest issue with this procedure is that this isn't a permanent fix? The nerves do come back, and from what I've read, they come back with a vengeance?
My surgeon is just brushing me off when I tell him that there something still going on in my neck. It's been over a year since my last neck surgery & mri. I was hoping he would send me for a new mri.
I guess I have another big decision to make about this procedure. I am leaning towards canceling it.
After 2 neck surgeries & recent rotator cuff surgery, I was really hoping my issues would be gone. I just want my life back.

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I'm really sorry to hear about new decision you have to make....and I can understand your frustration.

I, too, do not understand why you're doctor would not want a follow up MRI, esp when you have symptoms.
    He may have a reason, but to be brushed off with out explanation is very difficult. I wonder if sometimes the doctors think they have told us something...but communication gets a little lost sometimes.

I have not had spinal surgery, and no experience with the procedures doctor suggests for you,
    ...so I can't speak to that...
    but wanted to wish you the very best with your decision!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Motor1MMotor1 Pittsburgh, PaPosts: 557
    I agree about the lack of communication with doctors. He also told me, at the beginning of the year, that my EMG came back good. But last week he told me the reason I'm having arm/elbow & hand pain is because my ulnar nerve is damaged?
    So now I have an appointment with a doctor for that.
    I've been researching new spine doctors, but honestly, the thought of going through all of my history with a new doctor is very depressing.