Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical injury and IBS

Hello all
Is there possibly any correlation to a neck injury and IBS? Would it be something Workers Comp would recognize?

Going for a physical Saturday to verify

• IBS as in Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
    No, I can't imagine there is any correlation between the two. Sounds like you're reaching.
  • discodaveddiscodave Posts: 3
    edited 08/26/2015 - 8:14 PM
    You have IBS and need to see if the neck injury is related?
    You have a neck injury and now have IBS like symptoms?
    or something else.....?

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,459
    edited 08/26/2015 - 8:23 PM
    I am not too sure of your question either.
    Do you take medications for your cervical issues ?...and are having gut trouble?.....that your doctor assessed as IBS?
    ...as complication of medication for your cervical issues?
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi, I suffer IBS symptoms. Have you had any investigations? I am going for a colonoscopy next month as my symptoms worsened recently, it could be the medication but docs want to investigate as it can be a sign of bowel cancer. Not trying to worry you, but it is always worth having these things investigated. You could have a reaction to medication or even a food intolerence.
  • There is a chance it can happen, because it did with me. I have autonomic dysfunction from my cord compression, and my gut is all kinds of messed up now. My first neurologist completely blew off all my symptoms (many neuros are know not to acknowledge dysautonomia), but I have a new neurologist on Tuesday that is said diagnose these issues.

ACDF w/Corpectomy C3-6 12/8/14 ; Laminectomy C3-6  5/19/2016

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    Pain can create so many problems for our bodies. I think everyone can understand that acute pain can put us down for a short period of time. We probably have to be careful for a while until that subsides. With chronic pain, we know its always there, may or may not subside and its always on our minds

That alone can place unnecessary stress in our lives. And with stress, many other problems can surface. Add to all of this, the medications that we may be taking to manage our chronic pain.

So into the blender, we have Pain , Stress and Medications, mix it all together and its easy to understand the impacts that will have.

Some people react differently to all of this. Some may keep it to themselves, others may experience more pain, because how all of that makes us more tense, which then in turn can exaggerate our condition. And still others suffer from stomach related issues. Could IBS be one of those? I do not believe that stress alone can cause IBS, but it can cause some flareups.

But this is something that should be discussed with your doctor(s).
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Had a physical yesterday with full blood work up. Also sending me for a colonoscopy which I had 5 years ago :-(
    Also said I have an enlarged prostate which I already knew.

Thank you to all of you with your responses