Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Providing Medical Advice

It is a forum violation to:

5.06 You agree not to post information that is considered to be formal medical advice.
6.02 You agree not to ask for any analysis or interpretation of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.),
6.03 You agree not to respond to any request for analysis of diagnostic tests (ie MRI, CTScans, EMG, etc.)

These rules were intentionally put into place to avoid problems. But, we also realize that this can be a problem for many new members.
They register for Spine-Health because they are hurting and they are looking for answers. Perhaps answers that they didnt get from their doctors or answers that they didnt like

So, they start to post images of their MRIs or other diagnostic test results hoping that someone will give them answers. We have a great member community here, so that many members want to help, they want to provide some answers. But at times in doing so, they are actually providing medical advice.

If you have read many of my posts regarding this, you will know that I emphasize:
There are no medical professionals on the forum side of this site, therefore, no one can provide formal medical advice

Some members have asked me, Then, what is the other side of this site? That is where all the medical articles , blogs and videos are managed.

Part of that also has a feature Ask a Doctor That section allows members to ask medical questions. But please keep in mind While Spine-health does not provide individual responses, contributing doctors will respond to the themes from more frequently asked questions[

It is important for everyone to realize WHY we can not provide medical advice. Besides the fact that no one here is a medical professional, it is impossible for someone to provide medical advice based solely on words that are posted in a thread. There is never enough information posted that a professional could professionally respond to. Do we still try to help? Of course we do, I do all the time, as well as many other members. We provide feedback based on our personal experiences. Many time, that information can be very important to someone looking for answers.

But questions like

• Should I have surgery?
    What does my MRI mean?
    Should I take that medication?
    I am having a reaction to a medication, should I continue?
None of us can really answer and no one should ever answer those questions. Thats why the medical doctors are there.

As a simple example:
Patient A: My MRI shows that I have a L4/L5 herniation.
But I love to run and I am a power weight lifter. Do you think I can continue to life weights?

Member B Response:
Sure you can, just make sure you dont lift over 75 pounds and dont do it every day

That's pretty clear Isn't it!
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com