Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Where to put your thread/post?

This is a question that comes up so very often with new members. This is very common, not only on this forum site but so many others. I am a member in a number of different web sites (tech-sites, wine, beer,garden,etc) When I've joined those sites, its always a challenge to figure out where I should make that first post. I always look for a common , introduction type of area, which is generally the safest.

That is why we have the New Member Introductions forum category.

We set up in our FAQ, a thread Helpful Hints for Members as a GPS into the Spine-Health site. I always encourage new members to read our FAQ and look at threads as I just mentioned. It will make it so much easier for you to get started.

This is why, we attach our Welcome to Spine-Health thread to new members.

We do find so many new member threads posted in areas that really dont fit the category they are talking about. That is not a problem, but it does make it harder for people to find your new thread and to respond. For example, there may be a thread talking about Spinal injections, and a new member then makes their first post talking about their physical therapy experiences. Not a good fit, and it can easily throw off other members following patterns. People tend to follow specific threads, so when a new post is introduced that does not fit into the category of that thread, it can easily be overlooked.

Every member has different navigation styles. Some go right to the area that means most to them (ie Chronic Pain). I suggest that everyone use the View Recent Posts as their starting point. This way, you can see all of the various posts that are being made daily.

The placement of your first thread/post can make a difference in the responses you may receive.

Learn the field, and then it will be so much easier to participate.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com