Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What we need to do

I know that many members get annoyed because we go in and EDIT and/or DELETE some information that is in someone's thread/post.

We have a set of Forum Rules, that every member should have read over. But being a realistic, I know that reading things like the rules is something you may not do until you run into a problem. We have many rules, but they have been put in place to protect everyone. We completely understand that when someone registers for Spine-Health that they are hurting and looking for some answers.

That being said, no one is going to be completely open minded and looking at everything.

I hurt and I am looking for some answers, so when someone (moderator) tells me I cant do this or that, I get really annoyed

Very true, I can understand that. But please look at the total picture. We have over 25,000 International member of all ages, so we need to always keep that in mind. Chronic pain and pain in general does not discriminate in regards to Country, Race, Religion, etc... and we also do not discriminate.

But we have to make sure that rules are followed. Rules are set in writing, they are black and white. But that does not mean we have to treat each situation that way. Its understandable that people are hurting, perhaps short on patience, so being flexible is important.

However, there are some rules that we need to be strong about. The one rule that all of us watch out for is Members giving medical advice to other members. I know that members are doing that to be helpful. But we all need to keep in mind, that every situation is different, every person is different, so being online, there is no way we can really give any medical advice. Beside, there is no one on the forum side of this site that is a medical professional, so, there should never be anything close to posting medical advice. But we do have that, very often and we do address that. I could go on and on about the problems associated with providing medical advice, but I have documented that so many times.

It is also important since we are a site for all ages, that the language that is used needs to be monitored. Some may say that this word or that word is really not offensive... But we all need to keep in mind the audience. What may seem mild in one country could be a major insult in another. There are standard lists of offensive words that many web sites use to remove the offensive ones. We are not automated like that, so , it becomes a manual task for the moderator team to investigate and correct. Some people think that by using #___# or S^%SF are ways around this. That is not so. We all know what the meaning of those "things" are. Besides, really is it that difficult to express your anger, your disgust, your pain, etc without using offensive words? Save that for when you are around people that understand that.

Its not an easy task monitoring all the forum threads. I think we are pretty fortunate in the fact that probably over 90% of the information that is posted is valid and free of any problems.

But when the time comes when you see an [edit] or a [warning] or a deleted post, please try to understand why that is being done.
And if you have doubts about why that was done, please, send me a message or an email asking for details.

I hate being a traffic cop on this site, none of the moderators want to do any of that. We feel we can be so much more efficient by helping members when they are looking for help

You help us, we will help you always
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com