Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help Please! Will they perform surgery?

DawtieDawnDDawtieDawn Posts: 1
edited 09/02/2015 - 1:43 PM in Lower Back Pain
I apologize for the long message. It all started last year in November. I laid on the floor because of back pain, I went to get up and a pop, couldn't move. I had a minor broad based bulge L5/S1. Fast forward to today after 3 MRIs, I have 2 broad based disc bulges with posterior annular tears, abnormal T2 signal as well as abnormal signals in the paraspinal muscles "concerning for myositis." "Question last facet injection and suggest clinical correlation." I also have endplate bone spurs, and nerve pain in my back, down both legs (Even though the MRIs show no impingement), my right arm will just start jerking around, feet will go numb, weird stuff, and SI joint instability. I've been through physical therapy for over two months, 2 Lumbar Epidural injections and I'm now scheduled to see a neurosurgeon on Sept. 24th. I've been to the ER 6 times in the last three months. Mostly due to full body muscle spasms and neurological things, limb weakness both legs, numbness, severe nerve pain that wraps around my hips. My daily life function is close to a zero. I used to be very athletic. My primary doctor says, I'm not sure why you're in so much pain, there are people that have the same issues as you and they aren't in this pain. I've went from taking 5/325 Norco and over time I am now taking Norco 10/325 and Robaxin. The doctor that gave me injections said what I had was minor and one shot would take care of it. I ended up getting 2, hoping the second would help since the first one didn't. Now I called the neurosurgeons office because I went to the ER twice in three days. She asked what was going on because someone going to the ER that much they will usually send a report to be seen immediately and sent to him. I'm just at my wits end. I feel like no one believes me. I suffer with depression and anxiety. The last time the ambulance came, he asked, don't you have a history of anxiety? I wanted to cry as I was trying to stand up and could hardly walk with my body jerking around with spasms. I said what does that have to do with what my physical body is doing right now! After speaking with the neurosurgeon office today, I'm afraid he's not going to take me seriously either. How can I fight for myself so that someone will listen?! The last thing I want is surgery, but I'm to the point of begging for it because I can't escape this chronic pain. Even on my medications, my pain level stays at about a 6. If I can get down to a 3, I would be ecstatic. I live in a smaller town, so I have to watch what I say because they are all in a close circle. I was even told be careful what you say because you can be blacklisted from the whole town. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Just something that tells me this isn't all in my head, because all these doctors are making me feel like this!

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
~ spine-health moderator, savage

• If I were you I'd go to the closest teaching hospital...a medical college. They're teaching future doctors there so they have to stay sharp and informed. They can't get lazy like many do in private practice. See a neurosurgeon there and see if they can figure it out. Dress well for the apt, like you would for a job interview. Go in commanding respect, not begging for mercy. Look them in the eye when you speak. Have questions ready. When you're self assured they're less likely to blow you off or dismiss you.

I was born disabled. Doctors used to presume I was mentally challenged because of my physical challenges. They don't do that any more because I expect respect now.

Good luck :-)