Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Blood Patch after CT Myelogram

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well, my headache never really went away after the Myelogram, so today at 1:30 I will be having a blood patch to hopefully repair the leak. Has anyone had this done?? They said it was like an epidoral....right now I just want the pain to stop!!!! :jawdrop:

• I had one for a spinal headache from a lumbar myelogram. They take blood from your arm and inject it over where the leak it. It worked almost instantly! Mine had to be done twice, but then again they did my myelogram over my fusion (not a good idea). They usually work well the first time..oh I feel for you. Let me know how it goes.
    Saw that you had a fusion. Second blood patch, my doc injected dye in first (to fill in some areas that the blood was going and didn't need it-hope that makes sense) and then the blood. He had to go above the fusion and inject down.
  • Thanks hun.....I just hope it works.....this really stinks!!! My 4 yr old do not understand why I've been laying around for the past 4 days...keeps asking me to play with her. Breaks my heart! I had to ask a neighbor to take me & to watch Ella so my DH didn't have to leave work...he would, but I'd hate to waste the gas....65 miles RT....at $4.10.....CRAZY!

I'll keep you posted!
  • I also had this happen to me and after they did the blood patch I had INSTANT relief! I hope you get fixed up quickly. I feel for you....">image
  • I had a lumbar puncture about 8 years ago. Same thing happened with the headache but right after the blood patch is was fine.

Hope it works for you. I know how it feels....
  • I had one done after a lumbar mylogram and had to lay down for an hour to allow the blood patch to work. After that, no more headache! Good luck!

• OK, I am home!!! No more headache....just a sore back!! They injected 2 needles....as if 1 wasn't enough....that's everyone for your support, this place is great!!
  • Hi Lisa,
    Glad you got some relief from that. I had that done about five years ago and you are right, the injection site hurt but the blood patch worked like a charm. My headache, or rather killer head pressure was gone and stayed gone...your back will be better very soon too. Now I am healing from my ACDF and doing really well three days out. What a relief this is too...It is always nice to get some of the pain taken care of...

I have a left leg that was shattered, two damaged shoulders and lower back herniated discs so I can relate with the chronic pain. One more thing is never welcome so I am glad the blood patch did it for you...

Good luck lisa.
This discussion has been closed.