Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Wii Fit

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I think there may have been a topic on this at the old forum, but I just want to rave about the wii fit! I have never had this much success from a yoga or aerobics video, because the Wii Fit gives you feedback - it knows if you put your foot on the floor and tells you that you don't have your weight distributed correctly. It also does a balance test and it can tell that my left side of my body is off kilter, it also seems that it is improving (or I've just figured out how to make it give me a better reading?). It also takes you weight and tells you your BMI although it tells me that I'm underweight, because it thinks that a BMI of 22 is the healthiest, and mine is about 20.

I really like the step aerobics, it isn't too fast and it knows if you're doing it correctly, which is way better than a video, which usually just confuses me. I've done two rounds of physical therapy now and have to say that I feel like the Wii Fit is better for me - it got the point where I was paying a lot of money for them to just tell me to continue doing the same exercises. I can't do all of the activities on the Wii Fit, some are just not appropriate for spineys, but others are fine - in fact I unlocked one the other day that I did at both physical therapists and the chiropractor.

Anyway, just wanted to share my experiences. If you don't already have a wii, then you're looking at several hundred dollars, but if you or your kids have one, it is definitly worth the $90. They are still hard to find, though, so if you see one, grab it up! And if you don't like it you can sell it on eBay, people are asking almost twice the retail price for these things!

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,839
    We also have the Wii Fit. I really like it. I havent gotten into all the exercises, by I have enjoyed the Yoga. Like you said it gives you instant feedback. This way I know if I am holding my posture correctly
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I think I was the one who started the talk about the WII FIt in the old forum.... Yeah, it's a lot of fun and I love it. As a matter of fact when my son is home we challenge each other on the Balance games..
    I love doing everything on it. exercises and games and all..
    I try to use it daily to check my BMI and weight and it really helps me keep track of my prgrgess. At times I over do it thought and feel my back..
    You really have to be careful. It's great finding others on here too that use it as well.
    I'm a Tennis player crazy and I miss it so much. I haven't been back playing it yet till my dr gives me the ok so playing the tennis game there too is the next best thing to the real thing only if I had people to play against !

Have fun playing the Wii FIt..

Lotus :)
  • excellent!!! i love the fact that they tell you how your posture is, and the whole fit age!!! i do it almost everyday, of course , there are some that i can not do, but thats ok.
  • i used it every day for two months i loved it, but havent been able to get back with it lately, it is still sitting their on the floor waiting for me, maybe today ill give it a shot again before we got the wii fit i was addicted to mariokart, hehehe
  • I know in Aussie they are doing a big launch recently on the WII fit.
    I have never used anything like this before but am going to look on e-bay for a console fist. If I can get one at a good proce I will seriously check it oout.
    It is great to hear of 'spineys' that use it.

Sara O:)