Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

c5-6 c6-7 disectomy fusion

melkbc1576mmelkbc1576 Posts: 5
edited 09/05/2015 - 3:39 PM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi everyone
5days post surgery and im still in pain but my injury was right side and now the pain is left side? Im really stiff left side front and back and im getting really bad headaches bottom of head going up into top of head? When taking deep breathes in i feel sharp pain in middle to left side front? And all across top of shoulders so tight. Ive been doing physio exercise from what they showed me to do but my headaches are really bad? Is there anyone else that experienced these symptoms after surgery?? Is there anyone experiencing this at all after operation??

• I am actually feeling great but I have started with aura (no migraine pain) which occurs everyday since Tuesday. I am keeping a recovery journal and in it I keep the pain levels of each area every 6 hours day and night. I was also keeping a record of when I was taking what medication. At 5 days I was still having pain. Now, when I go on my walk, I get pain again.

When I had my first aura, I immediately called my NS. He referred me to my neurologist and then I was sent to my optometrist.

Have you called your doctor? I would start there. I found that my medication was the problem. They took me off all meds.

Have you been assigned a pain management doctor?

Hang in there, you are still in the early stages.
    C4-C5 ACDF surgery with plating August 28.
    cord compression due to disc-osteophyte complex