Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thursdy is almost here

cherrybabyccherrybaby Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
ok my sugery is on Thursday. I have my kids ready to got to my moms the house almost cleaned and some food made and frozen in the frezzer. I do have a few things for when i come home.
Other than the stress of trying to get bills pain and things ready. I hope I have not forgoten something. Today was my last day of work. that was harder than I thought it would be.
If there is something that I forgot please tell me. I have my pre op on Wen.
Thanks for listening

• Sending you good wishes and a speedy recovery. You sound very prepared.
    Good luck!
  • Hey Cherrybaby,

Hope all will go well with your surgery. Did you ever get the lsit of items I sent you that you'll need in the hospital and during your recovery. You probably did, as you seem to have prepared well for your surgery.

Now just try to relax, think positive thoughts, listen to some nice music maybe.

Wishing you the best for your surgery and a speedy and successfull recovery.

Kin :) :) :) :) :)
  • thanks for the wishes and yes kin i did recive them thank you very much they were really helpfull!
  • My surgery an ACDF two level is also Thursday this week. I wish you all the best. I am feeling so unprepared and totally freaking out right now. You sound like you have it together. Good luck to you and keep us posted. Maryann
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    Best of luck to the both of you as I and others here know you will do well.
    Keep us posted as soon as you feel up to it.
  • Everything that could go wrong this week is. Not giving me much support in my head to upcoming surgery Thursday. Thank you for the luck I feel like I'm going to need it. Maryann
  • cherry, I just wanted to wish you well during your surgery. It sounds like you have done all that you can to prepare, and now you just have to let the doctors do their job and get you on the road to feeling better. Good luck with surgery on Thursday.

Maryann, I posted in your thread, but just wanted to add another few words of encouragement. You will be so glad when the big day is over and you are getting better. It is hard to be in limbo, but you will soon be starting the next phase of your neck issues.

Best of luck to both of you.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • This will be me on Sunday, that is if I don't chicken out!

Good luck Maryann and Cherry- and my thanks goes to Kin too for the list!

I hope you are back and posting by the time I go in, I'd love to know how things are for you both!
  • Hi Saltzyworks, you sound like me. I am hoping the Pre-op people are very fast, stick in an IV and shoot me up with some good drugs (Ativan anyone?) Otherwise I might just get up and walk out :?

Good luck to all you Pre-opers, prayers and good thoughts are coming your way. Sue
  • I don't know if you will get this message in time, but good luck with your Surgery tomorrow. It sounds like you have done everything humanly possible to prepare yourself, so now everything is in God hands and the well skills surgeon's hands.

Look forward to seeing you on the otherside of recovery.

Godspeed! Pebbles