Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HELP!!! electric shocks after l5-S1fusion ,hip and leg pain

corexccorex Posts: 2
edited 09/18/2015 - 7:02 PM in Lower Back Pain
Hi guys, i am new on this but i hope my situation will help other and maybe someone can help me ..

i am 28 years old and have a situation very painful, i went for my fusion surgery 7 weeks ago , and spend 3 days in the hospital, we all know is a torture!!!!!! well Dr send me home with no lifting, bending etc... the first month was ok with a lot of pain but the pain killers help a lot , sleeping on a recliner and resting a lot , them the horror movie start!!!

after the week 5 i been having electric shocks on my lower back so painful and strong you feel going down if you not holding a cane or counter , basically is like your legs are not responding for a couple or seconds while the pain is out of control, after a couple or minute the sharp pain goes, but this is been happening more and more usual, now is just every time when i lay flat and relax this happen, for example last night i was watching tv on my bed and i decide to fall sleep, so on the same position i was, i just try to sleep and boooommm, just close my eyes and relax my body and first shock happen !!! so i though was because the position ( reclining) so i lay flat and try to fall sleep and once i relax ....SHOCK #2 so painful i was about to cry!!!, and this is happening more and more , feel a lot of pain on my left hip and leg and when this electric shock happens my legs get very numb and week... and forget to try rolling or sleeping on any side this shocks will be more active ....

i call Dr to request an MRI because i believe this electric sensation are nerves... any one knows what is going on ?? any advice ? any help? thank you

Welcome to Spine-Health
Please click on link for helpful information!
~ spine-health moderator, savage

• Hi

Oh my, this sounds dreadful. I have had two microdiscetomies and I'm going to see my surgeon on Thursday and may also have to have a fusion at the L5/S1 level. This is really scary, I would go straight back to my surgeon to see what is going on. Do you have a PT? I'm sure they could shed some light on the matter. What you are experiencing is putting me off having a fusion. I would love to know what is going on with you. If anyone else has experienced this with a fusion then please let us know because I don't want to have mine done and experience this. I'm hoping that a fusion will solve my nerve pain not make it worse.

Corex, I really feel for you and I hope that you get it sorted very quickly, please keep us updated.
  • Hi corex

I have just having pedicle screw surgery for l5 and feeled just you mention above. Just want to know that how r u now as already a year passed. Also pls let me know how this was get recovered.