Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New (intolerable) arm & neck pain after ACDF surgery

SukhreSSukhre San Diego, CAPosts: 181
edited 09/18/2015 - 8:36 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My sister was supposed to have an ADR at C5-6(4 days back), for some reason they had difficulty during ADR and she ended up having a fusion surgery at C5-6. She did not have much pain when she woke up from surgery. For last two-three days she is having extreme pain in her hand, arms,neck & shoulders. She did not have much pain in hands. I hope its the decompression effect. But I cannot be sure because she hardly had any stenosis. Anyone have any words of wisdom? (I know its not a medical advice, from personal experiences).

MRI shows C4-C7 severe steonosis. Pain in hand.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    potentially being post surgical pain,

I would talk this over with your doctor.
    There is not enough information that anyone could give you any valid tips or hints
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • dangbackddangback Posts: 30
    edited 09/21/2015 - 8:17 AM
    I'm 8 weeks post from a double cervical fusion. Upon waking up I immediately expressed shoulder paid. Since, I've continued to experienced should paid, neck pain and arm pain. I did not have these issues before. I did have neck pain, but it was totally different than the neck pain I have since surgery. I hope your friend feels better soon. Call the dr.
    1992 L5/S1 Laminectomy
    2001 L5/S1 Second Laminectomy
    2008 L5/S1 Fusion.

Current Condition:
    C5-C6 disc herniation
    C6-C7disc bulge
    C2-C6 Spinal Stenosis and Foramina Stenosis, facet joint degeneration and osteophyte
  • SukhreSSukhre San Diego, CAPosts: 181
    Her pain subsided. She still has some pain & complications. They all seem to be post operative or anesthesia side-effect.
    MRI shows C4-C7 severe steonosis. Pain in hand.
  • N RouthNN Routh Posts: 1
    edited 09/21/2015 - 8:06 PM
    I am needing the best feedback and suggestions as it has been determined surgery is needed. I want input from professionals on the various options for surgery.

There are no medical professionals on the patients forum

Please click on link for helpful information
    Welcome to Spine-Health
    Liz -Spine-health Moderator
  • foxy1ffoxy1 Posts: 2
    edited 09/21/2015 - 2:36 PM
    I'm near suicidal with muscle spasm pain and spinal pain. I lost spinal fluid after operation, on my back for 3 weeks. 8 hour operation with 2 surgeons . Help, I really can't take much more.

Please look into the following:
    Suicide Help Resources
    Suicide Hotline Numbers
    USA: 1-800-784-2433
    UK : 08457 90 90 90
    ROI: 1850 60 90 90
    Suicide Hotline Numbers for Canada (URL Link)

-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator 09/21/15 20:36