Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello to all, i am so glad i found this place. I have read alot of the boards.
I just wanted to introduce myself and thank all who do participate on here. It has given me alot of insight.
I am tina, My medical problems are kinda complex and not all dx'd yet. I was a truck driver, injured on the job. I have been off work now for over 2 months. I am in constant pain of some sort all the time. My new dr had xrays done and it showed degenerative arthritis (cervicle) and Disc disease c6c7. I have done pt, steroids, pain meds. My old dr (theirs) said i could do modified duty. my new dr said no duty at all. The pain is so extreme. My left knee, let thigh (back of it). My neck, constant headaches, my upper, mid and lower back hurt, (one part is always hurting), my right shoulder, arm, forearm, my wrist aches, my thumb aches and fingers feel weird. We are in the process of trying to get me into a pain management dr now. The company is being difficult, they want me to go to GA from MD to do modified duty. They dont understand that riding or driving makes me feel like i am going to die from pain. ANywho, i will see you all on the boards. I have alot to learn still of the medical stuff on this. Oh, and i dont know what is up with this but i have problems urinating now, like i have to really push to go...i know tmi.
see ya all, and thanks again

• Welcome to spine-health.......
  • Hi Tina... Everyone has been great on here. Lots of info--helps with what steps you will need to take. I bet it's fusterating to have to try and do a job your body is saying not to. Listen to your doctor--they know best, not HR.

take care,

• Hello Tina and welcome to the Spine Health forum. It's a great place for information and friendly people to help answer your questions.

lotus :)
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are having so much pain. perhaps the new doctor will help you! good luck and i will see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • ">imageWelcome to the forum!
    Some of the symptoms that you described sound just like symptoms that my dad has. The left knee, the right shoulder and wrist, pain across the shoulders... my dad, like you, is/was a truck driver and had been since I was a young girl. When he went to the doctor about his pain, the doctor asked him what he did for a living and when my dad told him that he was a truck driver, he said' "That makes perfect sense. Your knee problem is from many years pushing a clutch in and the right shoulder and wrist are from changing gears, as well as the pain across your shoulders." Kinda falls into place when it is put into perspective, huh?
    I'm really sorry that you are suffering from these pains and I hope that you will find some answers and some relief very soon. Don't let the company put you back to work before you are ready. I had an on the job injury ten yrs ago and they tried to push me into going back to work, but II stood up to them and wouldn't let them pressure me. Sadly, I was 'let go' from the job because I hadn't been worked at least 8 hrs in a pay period so they could lay me off. Not like I would have been able to return anyway, but II still felt like a failure for being fired. Know what your rights are. Check in to the Families With Disabilities Act. I didn't know anything about it until it was too late for me. Good luck...
  • Sorry for you pain but welcome to the site!

• Glad you found us and hope to share information and experiences.

Tina, one thing I've learned about reading these boards is TMI doesn't exist here. You have let your doctor know about your B & B's right? I waited to long with a bladder issue after my first surgery and ended back in the ER due to a minor infection. I was sent home with extra antibiotics and changed pain medication but I did feel like I could have prevented that visit if I let my doctor know sooner.

I also work for a very difficult company, the best thing I did was asked for a case worker through both my HR department and my insurance company. My supervisor still gives me grief but she can't fire me or write me up now because I'm protected by having everything documented. I have always been a good and reliable employee and have seen 3 supervisors come and go. Remember to always put your health and welfare first over any job. That was one of my "hard" lessons. LOL

Hope to see you on the forum.