Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How do I ask for Help or Do I??

I think that anyone who has been through spinal surgery (or for that fact any surgery) knows that after surgery you do need some assistance to get yourself back up and running.

For some folks, its easy, because you have spouses, significant others, friends, family who are going to be there for you the moment you leave the hospital until you can fend for yourself.

But so many do not have that luxury. More or less we are on our own. We know that we need help, we understand that we can not do it alone.... BUT, how can we do that?

For some, its a matter of pride. We never want to feel we are beholding to another person. And if we have to ask for help, then really we dont want it. We might just resent that. It would be good if people just offered the help.

But when you are recovering from surgery, it is safer to throw away that pride. There are too many things that you will need help with, you just will not be able to do it by yourself.

Wouldn't it be really nice, if you never had to worry if someone was going to help you! Friends are there to help you out without being asked, without being told, without thinking, just because they are your friend and want to be there with you in any way they can.....

Friendship and Love is such a special feeling. Cherish it.
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com