Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

On the other side of hysterectomy op

I posted on here last month pre op and just want to update . I had been struggling with increasing left leg sciatic weakness for nearly 2 years but at the same time trying to manage a huge fibroid filled uterus. After MRIs and nerve tests I was told that my leg issue was due to some kind of compression or pressure on my sciatic nerve but nothing to see on the MRI? That led me to ask if it could be due to my fibroids? I was told by my GP that it wasn't possible and yet reading lots of posts on post hysterectomy forums I see that many ladies with trapped nerves, back and sciatic type leg pain have largely had their symptoms abolished by removal of large fibroid uteruses? I am 4 weeks post surgery and my uterus was huge with multiple fibroids, lying in a left hand side position. I lost 9 lbs immediately. I am focused on my hysterectomy recovery presently but once able to I will be back to physio, swimming and walking to try rehabilitate my poor leg which is so weak and atrophied from months of not working properly and poor circulation into it. It hasn't been established yet through any feedback from my surgeon but he really hoped that the position of everything had been the reason behind the insidious and gradual debilitating symptoms I've been experiencing? We are hoping it won't be permanently damaged. I was wondering if anybody at all has experienced anything similar and what treatments, exercise, PT had worked for them?

• Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 489
    Hopefully your surgery recovery will increase your leg strength, especially if nothing is showing on MRI. It just seems like if a woman being pregnant can cause nerve compression complications, so could fibroids.

Keep up doing what you can, try not to worry...I know, easy for me to say....but don't give up on hope.