Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to Board: (Multiple Sclerosis and back surgery)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in New Member Introductions
(Multiple Sclerosis and back surgery)

Hi! Sorry to just barge right in.

Before this forum moved to a new location there was some discussion about Multiple Sclerosis and back surgery. I would be interested in finding some follow up information from people who have MS and have also had back surgery.

My Husband was was diagnosed with MS 10 years ago (when he was 30), and also has sever disc degeneration of his lumbar spine (he'd be better with telling the details) He has had horrid pain for many years and doctors seem reluctant to help him with surgery and keep giving us the run around. He has tried everything under the sun to avoid surgery, but it has not changed the condition of his back. If he didn't have MS, they would be rushing him into surgery. It's very frustrating, to say the least.

I guess I would like to know the proper area of this forum to pick this discussion up again.

Thank you,
Mrs. Swift

• I would think that either the Surgery or lower back pain would be a good place to start. Welcome to SH!
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are still here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. your husband is so very fortunate to have you by his side. i am so sorry for the frustrations you are having in getting treatment. we are always here if you feel the need do chat or to vent. take good care. Jenny :)