Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facet Joint Pain, Spasms, Nausea and now loss of bowels... what next?

Well, this is embarrassing, but I think this is the place to ask, WHAT IS NEXT?

Fusion to C5C6C7 (16 years Post-Op), facet joint Osteoarthritis C2C3 and C3C4. L4L5 bulge(small) and L2L3 degeneration. I am 51 and take no pain meds due to severe side effects. Heavy on supplements and Homeopathics which work for the pain but not the symptoms I've been having lately.

Symptoms: Cold sweats, clamminess, that leads to nausea and sometimes now, I have to run to the bathroom and stay around it for awhile until my bladder is completely empty along with my colon. Right arm has pain and numbness to my forefinger and thumb with tingling. (this has been going on for quite some time now and no tests have been able to find the impingement) After walking my usual mile, tingling and nerve twitches run down my legs on the inside, sometimes the back, all the way down to my toes. Numbness in legs and toes begins after sitting for about 20 minutes. The headaches come and go along with tingling from the base of my scalp up and over to my eye which I classify as a "light migraine" as it just hangs around at an annoyance level of about a 4-5 and makes my eyes sensitive to light. My muscles are constantly in spasm at some point of my upper back and neck. The fun one is when the Homohyboid muscle pulls my head forward and gets stuck. I am also having trouble swallowing at times. Pain is behind my ear and down the base of my neck and is shocking if I turn too fast either direction. I am unable to turn or move my neck without popping and sometimes stabbing pain immediately following (like a huge firework went off inside of you).

I've researched that there is no "cure" or fix for the facet joints and I am headed to the dr's on Monday to find out if the facet joint issues are the cause of my bowel emergencies.

Has anyone else been down this path I am now on? Can you tell me what to expect? Depression has me on edge I see my Dr. about that on Monday too. It's ruining my relationship because I can't do anything, including work to support myself. Traveling is hell on me too. So many things I can't do anymore and trying to think about what I can do, well I have exhausted that list. Typing this I am in pain already up both arms. Lucky for you guys as I can just type up a storm, well I used to be able to.

Thanks for any and all input.... reaching out to feel normal? what ever that is post op....

Phil 1:6