Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Medical Advice - Again

It seems that about every 3 months I need to make another thread regarding members providing other members with medical advice.

Recently, I have been seeing a different technique to try to get around this.

Some folks now state, I am not a doctor, so I cant give you medical advice.

But then they go on to describe in great details every problem associated with a member's condition, even going to the point of telling the member what they have and what could be done. Plain and simple that is medical advice.

The statement I am not a doctor does not excuse oneself. Thats the same as a Arsonist saying I didnt start the fire, while holding a match

We are going to now start three approaches in handling medical advice

• 1. For minor violations, we will just put the text in question into [edit]
    2. For serious violations we will either delete the infraction or put it all into [edit] and then inform the member
    3. For repeat offenders, we will unpublished the thread/post and move it off the public forum
This is not a hard thing to comply with. There are so many members here that provide other members with suggestions, opinions, hope, etc without attempting to act or behave as a medical professional. We have also had some members that fit into the above categories and since then they have been super members helping other members the best they can without providing medical advice.

If someone can produce their medical degree and license, then they would be qualified to provide medical advice. However, medical professionals, doctors are not permitted on these forums.
Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement