Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What to do?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
My PCP called with the results from my MRI from yesterday. I heard L4 rupture, L5-S1 a severe herniation and something about DDD. He gave me another name of a NS. Ok, so now what? I have taken this week off of work. On Friday, I have an appointment with an Ortho Surgeon. My PCP's fill in recommended that one and I also made an appointment for next Wednesday with the doctor my PCP recommended. Is getting 2 appointments overkill? My PCP seems to think surgery since this is my third bout with this and the extremity of the injury. What happens with work? I know that even if I end up having surgery, it takes awhile. What kind of surgeries? How do I choose one surgeon over another one?

• :) hi! well it seems like you are starting your homework and have lots of questions. that is terrific. you have not overbooked you doctor's appointment. 2 opinions and sometimes 3 will give you a good picture of your surgery choices and limitations. a good surgeon is found several different ways. word of mouth is one, making sure they are board certified is another. Look at the top of the forum under Treatments and Conditions for some ideas on what you could be facing. depending upon the procedure will of course determine your recovery period. the less invasive, the quicker you can return to work. have a good talk with each surgeon and have your questions ready! good luck! Jenny :)