Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help confused

KKKKK Posts: 1
edited 10/27/2015 - 9:47 PM in New Member Introductions
Please help me,
My husband has had 4 neck and back surgeries, and is considering his fifth.
I'm trying to be a supportive wife, and since I am not the one in pain, it is hard to justify telling him not to have surgery, but hear me out, and then please give me information.
1. My husband doesn't eat properly, doesn't exercise, works at a desk, his only hobbies are ones that require him to be in a chair.
2. Every time he has had pain he has waited until it has become excruciating before going to a doctor, then after one day of physical therapy, or one injection, has too much pain and has surgery.
3. He suffers from depression and is in denial. Both of his younger brothers passed away one from drugs one from suicide, he never dealt with the loss.
4. He had cervical surgery, halo etc. cadavers bone. His recovery took much longer than most other patients. It was successful for a while, then pain again lower back.
5. Surgery again lower back same scenario
6. Lower back surgery caused a cyst had that removed.
7. Back pain again laminectomy and spinal stenosis cleaned out.
8. No exercise or change in lifestyle .
9. Back pain started again waited a year before going to doctor, been on major drugs, went to therapy one time, was in too much pain, tried a gym did a bike 2 times.
Now he is thinking of 5th surgery.
What do you think?
Can diet exercise injections fight through the pain ? Isn't that better?

There are no medical professionals on the forum side of this site. Therefore everything you read is based on the personal experiences and/or research done by the individual member. Comments should never be taken as pure medical facts. You need to discuss this with your doctor. They are the only ones that can provide you with detailed information about you, the patient.

Liz, Spine-health moderator