Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Minor annular disc bulging

Hi all i been looking at this forum for quite a while now I have lower back pain with sciatica on the left side.I have taken xrays which show l4 l5 are mildly compressed well that is what the chiropractor has said. I am just curious some people say discs take weeks to heal however I have been in pain for 7 months? It all happened in the gym when I was doing the clean and jerk exercise bad technique had my back bent. What do you recommend I think I somehow need to decompress my spine to get rid of the pain. What do you recommend I may have a slightly bulging disc due to the l4 l5 compression. Any advice? Have not been in the gym for 6 months or so. Feeling depressed. Do you believe disc degeneration or disc mildy compressed can be cured without surgery?

I have just received my mri report here is the details. Minor annular disc bulging is seen at L3-L4 to L5-S1 levels, not significant. Descending and exiting roots are contacted at L4-L5 no inpingement. No disc desiccation. No obvious degenerative changes in the spine, no evidence of inflammatory spondyloarthropathy. Spinal canal with intrathecal contents is well preserved so as the exit foramina. No abnormal marrow changes, vertebral heights and alignment is well preserved. No facet arthropathy. Do you believe I should go for idd therapy spinal decompression where they put you on the traction machine and pull to decompress the spine? Any other advice after seeing the mri results? Thank you so much for taking your time to give me advice I really appreciate it.

By the way I am 24 years old have tried physiotherapy and stretches on nerve pain killers at the moment called Gabapentin. For some reason my lower back keeps clicking would anyone know what that clicking sound is? Thanks