Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Medical records Question

J.J.GreyJJ.J.Grey Posts: 2,961
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Pain Management
I recieved a copy of my medical records from my doc today. I was surprised to find that the correspondence between my doc and social Security and between my doc and LTD carrier was not included. I know that it is in my patient file and do not understand why it was excluded. Does any one know if the correspondence should have been included with my copies? That was the main thing that I wanted to see. Any input will be appreciated.

• I know that with my LTD my MD would get forms to fill out and he would just note that he had filled out a form for them and not make a copy for my file. My LTD did have a copy of that correspondence. I requested my file directly from them prior to hiring my attorney.
  • I know for a fact that the letters to and from Social Security and LTD are there because I have caught a glimpse of them. Just wondering why they were left out and wondering if this is normal procedure.
  • SS & LTD forms are considered "financial" records, not medical records.
  • Here in Louisiana, when I worked at the disability office, all we did was request records. There would be a standard letter asking for records between such and such dates and the doctor 9 times out of 10 never saw the request. It was sent to a health information management department of sorts (or a specific person) who copied the records and mailed them to us.

Every once in a while, we would get a dictated or handwritten letter from the doctor. This was instances where the doctor was very passionate about whether someone should be awarded benefits. And in most of these cases, that little note was not necessary because the records spoke for themselves. Now, as far as LTD - not a clue.

I hope this helped.

• for all of the input. They actually do not include that correspondence in with the medical records as it is not considered a part of the medical records. Thanks.