Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scoliosis from SI joint instability?

katy1kkaty1 Posts: 3
edited 11/02/2015 - 2:39 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems

Has anyone had their spine buckle from an unstable SI joint or pelvis, or leg length discrepancy? I don't know which came first.

10 years ago I started having problems with my left shoulder/elbow, and opposite SI joint. I was told I had arthritis and was left. Now, I have nerve pain and twitching throughout my body, leg length discrepancy, scoliosis, and pain in both elbows/hands. I am waiting 3 months for an EMG and MRI, but have only had x-rays so far. I always felt like the pain was from my SI joint as it would alternate, and cause very sharp, one-sided pain in my buttock, but it is hard to get a diagnosis.

I have tried chiropractor, massage, physio, and naturopathy, and moving onto mindful meditation, tai chi, and whirlpool. They are costing me a fortune but keep me going. The whirlpool was great for taking the pressure off my back.

The chiropractor has helped my lower back pain through traction and a heel lift, but I am struggling with pain in both my arms. I have an SI belt which does help and seems to provide stability.

Thanks for any suggestions.

• L5s1llyL5s1lly Palmdale, CaPosts: 4
    Just got my first round of xray's back. And I found out a few things. I have 5 or so issues with my spine alone including scoliosis due to weak pelvic floor muscles. This caused my whole body to misalign. From my knees turning inward while feet pointed forward. To having flat feet yet having my feet be supinated. Plus DDD of my L5s1. And deep lordosis curves in my neck and lumbar regions. Just last night I reset my pelvis for the first time (I suggest you speak with your doctor about this method just incase this could make your condition worse) and threw on my SI belt while still on the floor. And my shoulder and hip alignment was a little bit better throughout the night as long as I had my belt on.